• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leather finishes year in top-20 nationally...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope he gets invited to a camp like Tron did with the Spurs and gets a chance to prove that he's got NBA game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

He should get a look in one of the pre-draft camps.

But it will take more than a couple shots in the CUSA tourney to prove he has range - he's been playing post for 4 years. He also has to show he has handles and can put it on the floor consistently.

There are plenty of players like TL every year, and it's the ones who work hard to develop their game who make it to the NBA. He has as good a shot as anyone imo.

Guest S.  Bien

Getting drafted in a two round draft will probably be next to impossible for Leather.  I believe wager even said that's a pipe dream after the 10-12 high schoolers decide, the early entry HS phenoms declare, and the Europeans come (about 10-12 of them).  That leaves about 15 legit slots for the top upperclassmen coming out.

Leather will never play PF in the pros, but he's done enough to get some teams to give him heavy looks and definitely to get a solid European contract.  Leather has shown an ability to put the ball on the court, and a great shooting range.  At 6-9 that will intrigue many scouts.  If Leather takes his first opportunity and excels then I could see him showing up on an NBA roster in 2-3 years.  He just needs to continue to develop his shot and ball handling ability.  There's a ton of room in the NBA for a 6-9 swing man that can shoot threes, and dribble penetrate- he just needs to develop that part of his game since he didn't have much of a chance to do it in college.  However, the plus is that he does have that game in him, and wagers will attest that he's a great outside shooter, and dribbler.  He just needs some time and a little luck.