• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can someone please help me out...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I know that our dumba$$ AD just gave our pathetic excuse for a coach an extension and a raise following a piss poor 5 and 7 season. By why in the hell is a head coach’s contract guaranteed money? First off, I'm not too sure about coaches contracts, this may be common practice around D1 football, but how is it possible that a STATE university which bottom line is funding by the tax payers, giving out guaranteed money contracts? There is no clause in there for on the field performance?? If not, Judy and Doug should have the heat put on them by the big money donors that contribute more than my fees for the past 8 years of season tickets, which by the way aren’t getting renewed next year.

We are rewarding a guy for not doing his job, WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES!!!! Yeah, he’s a nice guy from all accounts, we have a higher team GPA, less “off-field†issues than under Leavitt and a higher APR! In the grand scheme of things all that doesn’t mean crap, if we aren’t winning football games, which is what he’s paid to do BOTTOM LINE.

On a side note, on another thread there were multiple people calling for Grothe to be the new head coach!?!?!?!? You guys must be SMOKING THE FINEST HERB IN THE WORLD. He hasn’t even cut his teeth as a high school head coach, but you want him to be the head coach of a BCS program. Put the joint down and back away from the computer!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Yeah, he’s a nice guy from all accounts,

Raheem was a nice guy too :P Unfortunately, setting our program back many years loses the support. I don't ever want to hear this coach blather on again.

I was thinking about this same thing this morning, it stinks to have an institution held hostage by their own design. Also, do we have big money donors? Can't wait to see the turnout for this piece of crap on homecoming...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

It really depends upon what is written in the contract. Everyone knows if a coach is to recruit successfully he needs to at least have an appearance his athletic department has confidence in him and is going to be around while the recruit is still in school.

That being said, a smart AD, and I emphacize smart, will put performance clauses and benhmarks in that extension. You need to see what is in that contract extention.

So the question would be is Doug Woolard that smart?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

I've looked online and cannot find details, do we really have to buy Holtz ????

Edited by dznick51