• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greetings from Reno!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

....Here is to a close, clean and fun game which will see Nevada pull another upset :)....

....So again hope everyone enjoys themselves and here is to possibly a good week of trash talking and when Nevada wins :)....

I think you are actually favored.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

yeah-- if we win it will be an upset

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45

Well you guys are now favorite, a lot of money came in on South Florida after the first line came out, however I think anytime a mid-major defeats someone from a BCS conference it is an upset.

Just wanted to welcome the fans, players and coaches from the Bulls to the Reno area and hope you enjoy yourselves for the game on Saturday. This weekend we have some balloon races taking place in the mornings so hopefully some of you can enjoy that while you are here.

Its suppose to be sunny, in the 80s with low humidity and possibly some wind. There is a lot of excitement in town for this game especially since we defeated Cal this past weekend. But people really don't know what to expect either as we only have what happened last year to go by. And since this is the first Big East team we have ever faced there is more excitement there.

Here is to a close, clean and fun game which will see Nevada pull another upset :). Our coach Chris Ault does have some history with Lou Holtz which should be fun watching him coach against his son.

So again hope everyone enjoys themselves and here is to possibly a good week of trash talking and when Nevada wins :) hopefully the fans here will be more gracious than many of the Cal fans.

Go Wolf Pack!!!!!!

PS no matter what happens Saturday, I hope you guys have a good season. Oh and have a safe trip out west.

I'm surprised to hear you say that about Cal fans. We beat them at the dance in BB this past season and they were for the most part gracious, both before and after the game.

If you beat USF it won't be considered an upset, since Vegas made you the opening line favorite.

Just so you know, USF is coming off a very disappointing, unerperforming, year and our players will be looking to atone for that.

Stop by after the game.

Well their message board was in total meltdown after the game with many wanting their coach fired and everything else because there is absolutely no excuse for losing to a B team at home with all the hoopla and everything with grand re-opening of their stadium. And I guess from what I heard some of the people at Memorial Stadium weren't to kind after the game either.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The favored team can't pull an upset :thumbsup:

So I guess the upset you're cheering for is for USF to win! I like this Nevada guy. Coming on our forums and hoping we win. ;)

I will give you this Bull Martin. If your team wins, I hope its on the last drive in the fourth quarter of a very entertaining game between the two sides which keeps everyone watching not only locally but from around the country. It can only help with a game like that for both of us. However once again with a point spread that low doesn't really matter but when a mid-major beats a BCS school it is an upset.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

I will give you this Bull Martin. If your team wins, I hope its on the last drive in the fourth quarter of a very entertaining game between the two sides which keeps everyone watching not only

locally but from around the country. It can only help with a game like that for both of us. However once again with a point spread that low

doesn't really matter but when a mid-major beats a BCS school it is an upset.

So, Boise State beating Duke or Vanderbilt is an upset?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I will give you this Bull Martin. If your team wins, I hope its on the last drive in the fourth quarter of a very entertaining game between the two sides which keeps everyone watching not only

locally but from around the country. It can only help with a game like that for both of us. However once again with a point spread that low

doesn't really matter but when a mid-major beats a BCS school it is an upset.

So, Boise State beating Duke or Vanderbilt is an upset?

I agree. You're looking at this all wrong, ninerfan. Embrace being the favorite.

Did you really 'upset' Cal or is Nevada actually the better team? From what I saw, Nevada wins at least 5 of 10 vs Cal. That's not an upset.

I'd rather claim to be the better team than that week's flash in the pan upset.

Edit to add: Even though the line moved to USF (-1), no one is predicting with their wallet, that USF is going to run away with this one. It's an even match up. It wont be an upset either way.

Edited by Bull Martin

I think it would be an upset for Boise to beat Vandy yes. And i still believe if Nevada beats South Florida it would still be an upset because they are suppose to win the Big East or finish second and we are a rebuilding mid-major team for this year. Plus 1 point spread is just about a pickum also pretty much

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

You guys are picked to finish #2 in your conference (a conference that is probably just as good as the Big East currently), yet you act like you guys are some fledgling team trying to find a direction. We aren't exactly hot **** down here in Tampa. This would not be an upset for Nevada and I think many of our fans aren't taking this lightly at all. yes, many USF fans are pessimistic about our team, but that's because most of us have the opinion of "we'll believe it when we see it".