• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA raising academic standards

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I wasnt sure where to put this. Please move where appropriate.

Perhaps this will lead to some balancing of the powers. The SEC has to be taking a hit for this.

http://www.deseretne...n-recruits.html

cliffs:

-Minimum GPA will go up from 2.0 to 2.3; 2.5 for JC transfers.

Now, you can't wait until the last year in high school and take online correspondent courses to suddenly become eligible before college.

"I am not against improving and encouraging kids to do better academically," said Roy Williams, North Carolina men's basketball coach, in an ESPN.com interview. "I am against such a drastic step when there hasn't' been enough educational process for the high schools. There hasn't been enough time. There hasn't been enough discussion."

If these standards were in effect in 2009 and 2010 for college recruits, 15.3 percent of athletes overall would not meet the projected 2016 standards. But 35.2 percent of college football players would have failed and 43.1 percent of basketball players would have come short of the mark.

Edited by Ghost