• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Bulls/ USF Dept a bunch of BS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Either jump the rails and chance arrest or injury, or plot a little better at the only three areas of entry.

This really isn't a planning issue....it sure didn't look planned for Ohio State.  Just crash the court and live with the consequences.  I can't see "staging" the adrenalin, so why stage the celebration?  Don't blame this on USF.  Granted, it sounds as though their attempt at security hindered one of the brightest moments in recent Bulls history, but as a student and fan - I would have just taken my chances - along with a few hundered other people.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

This really isn't a planning issue....it sure didn't look planned for Ohio State.  Just crash the court and live with the consequences.  I can't see "staging" the adrenalin, so why stage the celebration?  Don't blame this on USF.  Granted, it sounds as though their attempt at security hindered one of the brightest moments in recent Bulls history, but as a student and fan - I would have just taken my chances - along with a few hundered other people.

thank you...   students didnt go find the steps at the football games two years ago, we sacked up and took the 6ft or so leap over the railing onto the field.  If you wanted to get on the court at the buzzer, there are ways to do it if you have any balls....  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  20

The problem with the storming of the court was the fact that the people storming the court listened to what security  told them.  It is common sense for security to tell the students to stop in the walkway and wait for Charlotte to leave the court, but there were 15 other ways for the students to get to the court when the clock hit  :00.  Just my opinion of the entire thing.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

When you storm the court once a decade or so, you tend to be unsure of protocol.  Next time, JUST DO IT!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I stormed the court as soon as the game ended i didnt fallow the police but i also did not jump over the media tables.  I was a little upset looking around and seeing no other students untill two minutes later. It definitly rained on the festivities. It would have been a betet idea to let the students run out on the other side of the court next to the bulls bench, this way Charlotte could have cleared off at the same time as the students were rushing.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

You can call and make that happen call:

Tom Veit, Associate Director of Athletics 974-0406 tveit@admin.usf.edu

While your on the phone ask him if he has more than one marketing idea for the football season, or is he still thinking about his XFL days, (what a shocker the league doesnt exist anymore)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Marc, why don't you call him yourself?  I'm not his biggest fan either, but you are seriously bordering on derangement with your all out assault on him.  It is one thing to try to express an opinion in this forum hoping for change, and another to take it to an extreme that makes everyone just ignore your opinion.  Believe me, I know. ;)