• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

here is a first for me------------chartering a cesna to fly

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

to san diego to sign up a big case

i am a bit nervous to bit in such a small plane

i dont want to drive 5 hours

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Most of the new ones now come with a built-in parachute for the plane. If the engine fails, the chute brings the whole plane down gently.

Even the old ones very rarely fall out of the sky if there are no drugs or alcohol involved.

Sit back and enjoy the ride - it'll be nice. Watch out if the pilot overflies Pendleton though, they might just scramble some fighter jets on ya!

are you putting me on about the parachute?

i will try to enjoy the ride

needless to say this is a huge case we are signing up

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Most of the new ones now come with a built-in parachute for the plane. If the engine fails, the chute brings the whole plane down gently.

Even the old ones very rarely fall out of the sky if there are no drugs or alcohol involved.

Sit back and enjoy the ride - it'll be nice. Watch out if the pilot overflies Pendleton though, they might just scramble some fighter jets on ya!

Cessna has never built a plane that comes with a parachute. there is an option made by an aftermarket company, however the addition of the parachute takes away about 50 - 75 pounds of useful load.

You may be thinking about another airplane, the Cirrus SR22, which does come with a parachute.

http://cirrusaircraft.com/innovation/?item=parachute#products

Cessna has never built a plane that comes with a parachute. there is an option made by an aftermarket company, however the addition of the parachute takes away about 50 - 75 pounds of useful load.

You may be thinking about another airplane, the Cirrus SR22, which does come with a parachute.

http://cirrusaircraf...achute#products

Cirrus? I thought it was Cessna. My bad.

it was great

we will now buy a plane

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Most of the new ones now come with a built-in parachute for the plane. If the engine fails, the chute brings the whole plane down gently. Even the old ones very rarely fall out of the sky if there are no drugs or alcohol involved. Sit back and enjoy the ride - it'll be nice. Watch out if the pilot overflies Pendleton though, they might just scramble some fighter jets on ya!
Cessna has never built a plane that comes with a parachute. there is an option made by an aftermarket company, however the addition of the parachute takes away about 50 - 75 pounds of useful load. You may be thinking about another airplane, the Cirrus SR22, which does come with a parachute. http://cirrusaircraf...achute#products

No biggie... didn't mean to sound like an ass. :)

it was great

we will now buy a plane

Go get your pilot's license while you're at it. It's a gas to be in control.

Most of the new ones now come with a built-in parachute for the plane. If the engine fails, the chute brings the whole plane down gently. Even the old ones very rarely fall out of the sky if there are no drugs or alcohol involved. Sit back and enjoy the ride - it'll be nice. Watch out if the pilot overflies Pendleton though, they might just scramble some fighter jets on ya!
Cessna has never built a plane that comes with a parachute. there is an option made by an aftermarket company, however the addition of the parachute takes away about 50 - 75 pounds of useful load. You may be thinking about another airplane, the Cirrus SR22, which does come with a parachute. http://cirrusaircraf...achute#products

No biggie... didn't mean to sound like an ass. :)

No worries. No offense taken. TTTT, I'd much rather have one of these be required than an airbag in a car.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

it's an experience on those little planes...scared the crap out of my wife the first time we flew in one.