• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indications we have reached the BIG TIME

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

This past weekend the family and I went to disney for the weekend.   I of course was sporting the colors most of the time, and I could not believe the response....  When I checked in at the hotel and was waiting in line and older gentlemen said,  "Hey Bull Man welcome to the Big East!" I turned around and a man introduced himself and said that he graduated from Pitt and how happy he was that we were brought in... He also stated how he wanted us in the Big East since we beat his team several years ago... (That win to me was the most important win in Bull Sports History)   Since I spent 15 minutes checking in we were able to talk quite a bit....  One thing he said was how the Pitt (Heinz field) was being replaced this year and that it was the second time in as many years???  He also knew that Rutgers stole  a couple of recruits from us... We then spoke of rivalaries and how geographically speaking it might be tough, however he did seem to believe that the group of 8 teams in the Big East may wind up being a tight knit and well respected group in the end...  When I finally checked in my room the guy two doors down yells to me, "Can't wait to put a beating on you guys when you come to Penn State!"...  Of course caught of guard the only reply I could muster was, "Yea I think you said the same thing to the Big Ten at one time!"... As I walked through the park I bumped into 3 others sporting the USF gear...  Also was taunted by 3 UM fans, and Finally was in line at Space Mountain and talked for several minutes with a WVU fan.  The WVU fan seems to think that WVU, LVILLE, Pitt, and us would be

tops and the others would be bottom feeders, he also said ECU is the next member...Well anyway it was pretty cool to actually feel that our bulls are now being talked about outside of TB area.... Sorry for long post!  T-man

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

no need to be sorry, great post!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

great post!

i study at Depauls library (for the CFA exam) several nights per week.

I wear my USF hat but no one has ever said anything to me.....oh well.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I dont' think the depaul people even know they are in CUSA.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Cool post.....there will soon come the day when our emblematic "U" with the horns will be known nationally with the likes of the Texas horns and other simple stylish logos.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

You will know that USF has made it to the big time when those things happen to you at Disneyland, not Disneyworld.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I dont' think the depaul people even know they are in CUSA.

could be....not sure how much school spirit they have?

seems they don't get much attention in the city as a lot of people from big ten schools move to chicago after graduation and those are the schools you hear most about.

Though I did meet a guy in my neighborhood who attended USF

My dog sports a USF collar and the guy was surprised when he saw it in Chicago.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I saw a guy wearing USF gear in the DFW airport last year...didn't have time to stop & chat though. =)