• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If AC can shoot 3s (40% +), we will win more games next season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I know AC is going to work on his game over the summer. If he gets his 3-point shooting to improve, we can notch many more wins next year, just on this part of his game alone, especially in those close games. But it may be difficult with his current style -I don't know. Any of you Internet coaches think that he can do it without altering his low release?

Basketbull, I expect he will have a better 3 point percentage in 2012, but we will have better outside shooters than him on the team. His shooting has improved overall throughout the season.

FYI, we havet a PG/SG coming in 2013, who shoots it like Reggie Kohn. Too bad he can't play in 2012. So, you have that to look forward to in the future.

• Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

I know AC is going to work on his game over the summer. If he gets his 3-point shooting to improve, we can notch many more wins next year, just on this part of his game alone, especially in those close games.

But it may be difficult with his current style -I don't know.

Any of you Internet coaches think that he can do it without altering his low release?

He shoots like 32 percent from 3 point range which is better then most players on the team. He has good elevation, he just holds it to low which makes it hard to get it up when someone guarding him close. That's probably the main reason he doesn't shoot to many 3 pointers. I won't be surprised if he comes back with a new shooting style next year. Either way he has a mean floater.

I use to play basketball and when I was in 7th grade I use to hold it low like that and it was kinda hard to change at first, but in the summer I started holding it a lot higher and eventually I got use to it. It makes a world of difference especially when you play with taller people.

There's no way he changes his shooting style. As every commentator for the past 5 games (maybe longer) has pointed out, Collins shoots that way because its comfortable for him. Ever since he broke his arm as a kid, that's how he has shot the ball. While it is an easier shot to defend, he does a pretty good job at getting his shots to go in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

All he has to do is move the ball higher up it's a easy fix. If he works out his strength alone will make him hold it higher anyway, so I would be surprised if by his junior year he still shooting from his chest/ shoulder area. If he can create his own shot from 3 point range while someone is on him, he will unguardable.

IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE FOR HIM.

Give it up. If someone works on changing his ways, his shot might never be the same. The percentages that he currently puts up are good.

That's right you know him huh? You can say what you want but his shot will most likely move up it will only make him a better player from the outside. On that note we will see who is right later on down the road.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

not a chance he shoots 40% with current low release. if he approached 40%, oponents would take the 3 away from him entirely.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

not a chance he shoots 40% with current low release. if he approached 40%, oponents would take the 3 away from him entirely.

Which would allow him to blow by them to the basket even easier than he does now. You take away one thing, it opens up something else.

Archived