• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Darkside is now accepting new members

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

Turkey I believe you are full of it.  All the naysayers after back to back seasons of 10 or 11 wins would be crying and calling for the coaches head.  Don't give me your crap about the next big set of recruits.  From what I hear Cann is/was before the injury a big time recruit.  Will he get back to his old form I don't know but I can hope.  You guys are judging a coach who has only had one full recruiting season.  It will take time here no matter what you think.  If I was a good to great bball player would I be thinking USF?  Would you?  It will take baby steps.  Even in CUSA I believe our best conf record is 9-7 so we have never been world beaters.  Whether anyone truly wants to admit it there is not much of a tradition here.  We do not draw big crowds.  A lot needs to improve and I am willing to give it time.  I don't ignore the facts and I realize that the improvement this year has not been drastic.  Unfortunately, RPI does not take into account the scores of games just who wins/loses.  I have seen this team battle a lot more this year losing to average teams that will get post season action by 1-6 pts.  Sure, it is a loss but I see a team that is battling and as the talent increases I hope the wins do to.  I am not giving up on the young guys like you have.  How impressive was Swift and Leather 3 years ago.  I know I thought Swift was not very good at all his freshman year but now he is a leader.   I still feel we need to recruit a big man but I see a decent nucleus for a team.  Sure it is scary to think of a team without Swift and Leather especially with the results we have had but I believe someone else will step up.  I still say I will withhold judgement til later because it is still early to tell.  If we have the same results 2 yrs from now I will write a post praising the insight of Turkey, Beastie, and the rest of the Dark Side that so proudly supports this team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

very bad game.

no adjustments made at all.

i dont know what to say.

it was just bad.

#20 on st louis ONLY went with his left hand yet he was still getting by our guys with 10 minutes left in the game.

we couldnt dribble penitrate the zone ALL NIGHT long.

I mean yea sure St L is #1 in C-usa in terms of pts allowed but STILL!!!!!!!

what was our FG% in the first half?

we couldnt hit a FT

no adjustments

i am a casual bball fan but 12pts in the first half vs 35pts in the second half seems like an adjustment

you out score them 35 to 29 in the second half seems like an adjustment to me.

what do coaches say at the half time meeting

"start the game zero to zero lets win this half"

seems to me the players responded

• 2 weeks later...