• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lady BasketBulls 22 - 25 ECU @ Half

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

are we winning by 3 or losing

25-22 is how it should read

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Women's Hoops Downs USF In C-USA Action, 63-59

02/05/2005

TAMPA, FLA. -- Jennifer Jackson scored 14 of her team-high 22 points in the second half to give East Carolina a 63-59 win over USF Saturday afternoon in Conference USA action inside the Sun Dome.

Senior Viola Cooper sealed the Pirates (8-13, 4-4) first road win in their last nine C-USA games when she sank both free throws with four ticks remaining on the clock.

In addition to Jackson's 22 points and 14 rebouds, the Pirates had two other players in double-figures. Samantha Pankey finished with 11 points while Shanita Sutton added 10. Sutton, recorded her 13th double-digit game of the season and was one rebound shy of her third career double-double.

The Bulls drop to 14-9 overall and 4-5 in C-USA play. Sophomore Jessica Dickson lead a trio of scorers in double-figures with a team-best 17 points. Fellow teammates Rachael Sheats and Anedra Gilmore contributed 12 and 16 respectively.

"This was a huge win for us today," said head coach Sharon Baldwin Tener. "We played agressively on the defensive end and hit our free throws at the end of the game and that was the differnce. Jennifer (Jackson) played an unbelievable game today, especially rebounding, which was a huge advantage for us today."

When will The Sheriff (Lord Vader), beastiebull and the rest of the Dark Star inhabitants get fed up with this act?  Jose's 5th year - Robert's  2nd...Logically time should expire on Jose before Robert...or does it just not matter because it's girls ball - sort of like the absence of relevance baseball enjoys...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Hasn't Fernandez been gradually improving the team year over year? I'm not sure why he needs to be shown the door. But it might have been too early to start calling for a big raise as McMurphy highlighed in a recent article.

Hasn't Fernandez been gradually improving the team year over year? I'm not sure why he needs to be shown the door. But it might have been too early to start calling for a big raise as McMurphy highlighed in a recent article.

MM,

I'm not necessarily saying he should be shown the door...just comparing current underperformers - or at least those that have failed to clearly sustain success - to Coach McCullum who seems to draw the quick hook from our board "Dark Siders."  As I recall one of them actually mentioned Jose as being successful - just prior to this recent slide.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

MM,

Bingo!! You have my same thoughts as well on Jose. I think that article by Brett was a little premature in which I had to call him out for it. Jose has done a good job at getting USF into post season contention. I think Jose deserves some slack because of the big injuries this season. I am still impressed with the way Jose can recruit. I would give him a raise, but not too big of a raise right now. I think USF should get the deal done after this season because I think Jose will get us in the NCAA next year if we stay healthy.

Jose has done a good job at getting USF into post season contention.

What did I miss?  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Brad,

Last season's first ever WNIT bid which made USF history. Also, this season is looking like another WNIT bid which means another banner will hang in the rafters of the SUN DOME next year for the WNIT bid.

Okay - I thought that was it