• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball season is over, Why does Prado still have a job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

I think Greg got it right when he talked about recruiting.  Lelo has a kid (pitcher) lined up for next year but he'll get drafted in the first round and never see the campus.  Lelo needs to get out and recruit somewhere other than Jesuit. 

But next year's team might just be horrible.  Losing all the best pitchers (Quack, Fontanez, Eastham, Carlin, Pietryczk) other than Barbosa and we don't know how he will be physically.  James Ramsey is the real deal and should be better as a sophomore.  Chad Taylor should take over as SS for Mende.  Brazeal should be back.  But there are going to be a lot of holes to fill.  If it is possible, there might be even less power numbers than this year.  I hope there are enough quality kids ready to step up, but if they are there, they didn't see the field much this year.

Coaching staff believes they have a lot of talent coming in next year, a definite upgrade, but of course that means they will be young.  Plus they will have to get rid of some kids on scholarship to make room, I personally believe this is warranted.  Too many kids with little talent on scholarship.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

The stadium was 1 of 2 big problems and it has been fixed. The 2nd problem isn't the talent level -- Prado tells us every year about great recruiting classes. It is instead that the players are told early and often that they are pieces of meat and can be replaced like that. This coaching strategy doesn't fly in baseball, a game where you need to minimize pressure instead of maximizing it with this attitude.

Ed won without this stadium, so I think that argument is ridiculous. You have to be able coach first for facilities to do anything, why would any players want to come here? We have been in the Big East this long, with what should be superior Florida talent, yet we have not come close to winning it. But if DW was to make an aggressive coaching change, you would easily get players in here with that stadium. How can anyone be ok with losing to Gulf Coast, North Florida, and Bethune Cookman? Prado needs to be rid of.

I think Greg got it right when he talked about recruiting.  Lelo has a kid (pitcher) lined up for next year but he'll get drafted in the first round and never see the campus.  Lelo needs to get out and recruit somewhere other than Jesuit. 

But next year's team might just be horrible.  Losing all the best pitchers (Quack, Fontanez, Eastham, Carlin, Pietryczk) other than Barbosa and we don't know how he will be physically.  James Ramsey is the real deal and should be better as a sophomore.  Chad Taylor should take over as SS for Mende.  Brazeal should be back.  But there are going to be a lot of holes to fill.  If it is possible, there might be even less power numbers than this year.  I hope there are enough quality kids ready to step up, but if they are there, they didn't see the field much this year.

Coaching staff believes they have a lot of talent coming in next year, a definite upgrade, but of course that means they will be young.  Plus they will have to get rid of some kids on scholarship to make room, I personally believe this is warranted.  Too many kids with little talent on scholarship.

So now we will be known for the school that cuts guys in a last ditch effort for the baseball coach to save his face...so happy. Pathetic if you ask me. That should really drive up recruiting next season.

The stadium was 1 of 2 big problems and it has been fixed. The 2nd problem isn't the talent level -- Prado tells us every year about great recruiting classes. It is instead that the players are told early and often that they are pieces of meat and can be replaced like that. This coaching strategy doesn't fly in baseball, a game where you need to minimize pressure instead of maximizing it with this attitude.

Really?  Not sure what to think?  You are pieces of meat, you are replaceable.

I have never been told this, but they didn't have to, everyone one of us was replaceable and we knew it, hell every year there was fear a freshman was coming in to take your job.

Guess What?  This is why those overachieving team of the 90's would kick this teams ass all over the field.  Talent?  Hell no!  A lot of the team probably shouldn't have been there based on talent but those teams had chips on their shoulders!  We fought to play, we fought to win, we fought other teams, fans in opposing ballparks, we fought amongst ourselves if someone ****** up.  We'd sooner cut you than lose.

Gameday pressure was easy, ****, you either took care of business or you didn't.  Practice was the *****, did you do enough, did I work hard enough!  Going into my senior year was the only year I truly felt safe.

I have never been told this, but they didn't have to, everyone one of us was replaceable and we knew it, hell every year there was fear a freshman was coming in to take your job.

Guess What?  This is why those overachieving team of the 90's would kick this teams ass all over the field.  Talent?  Hell no!  A lot of the team probably shouldn't have been there based on talent but those teams had chips on their shoulders!  We fought to play, we fought to win, we fought other teams, fans in opposing ballparks, we fought amongst ourselves if someone ****** up.  We'd sooner cut you than lose.

Gameday pressure was easy, ****, you either took care of business or you didn't.  Practice was the *****, did you do enough, did I work hard enough!  Going into my senior year was the only year I truly felt safe.

PS Post above goes really well with Springsteen's "Glory Days" playing in background!

Guess What?  This is why those overachieving team of the 90's would kick this teams *** all over the field.  Talent?  Hell no!  A lot of the team probably shouldn't have been there based on talent but those teams had chips on their shoulders!  We fought to play, we fought to win, we fought other teams, fans in opposing ballparks, we fought amongst ourselves if someone ****** up.  We'd sooner cut you than lose.

PS Post above goes really well with Springsteen's "Glory Days" playing in background!

Yep. lol

• Content Count:  48

Guess What?  This is why those overachieving team of the 90's would kick this teams *** all over the field.  Talent?  Hell no!  A lot of the team probably shouldn't have been there based on talent but those teams had chips on their shoulders!  We fought to play, we fought to win, we fought other teams, fans in opposing ballparks, we fought amongst ourselves if someone ****** up.  We'd sooner cut you than lose.

Well put. These guys I have been watching for the last few years, seem like pretty boys. No one getting dirty, scrapping with other teams. Even when I was there in the early 2000's we got into fights with teams. We hated teams. This team this year just seemed to be going through the motions. Is there any passion in that dugout?

Archived