• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former Top 100 recruit Chris Colvin

bcgruber

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Former Chicago Whitney Young star Chris Colvin of Florida-based juco heavyweight Palm Beach State College is enjoying a strong sophomore season playing for a team that is now nationally ranked.

Colvin, a 6’2 point guard, was a prized recruit out of high school and played his freshman year in the Big 12 Conference at Iowa State University.

Colvin is pleased with how the season is progressing.  “The team is doing pretty good right now we are 21-2 and 6-0 in the conference.  Nationally, we are ranked 17th right now, and #2 in our conference.  My individual play has been pretty good so far.  I'm just holding down the team and running the show.  The coaches are doing good and really well, so i have no complaints," said Colvin.

Colvin is starting to see his recruitment pick up steam.  “The recruiting process at the beginning was slow because coaches really weren’t coming out to see us because we didn’t to do well last year.  Now it’s picking up though with a decent amount of coaches coming through for games and practices,†said Colvin who mentions West Virginia, Butler, Iowa, South Florida, Clemson, Illinois and a few other schools as being currently in the mix

Per Rivals:

Quote:

A physical lead guard, Colvin has the strength and quickness to get into the lane almost at will. Once inside the interior of the defense, he has the ability to finish as well as set up his shooters. Defensively, he has the tools to be a dominant defender against either guard position. Playing under control and improving the consistency of his long range shot are areas for improvement.

did you see dority run the break he is awful.  I just have no confidence that he will ever be a decent BE player

Archived