• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame bowl fate clearer, not settled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Probably far fetched, but maybe this quote suggests that they would want to keep the Champs bid in their pocket for another season.  At the least, it indicates that they are not simply awaiting orders from Orlando.

"It's not about us having a preference," Swarbrick continued. "It's about us working with all of our partners and coming up with the right solution."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/notre-dame-notes-bowl-fate-clearer-not-settled.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Could it also be less about what ND wants to do and more about what the Champs want to do? Why doesn't Champs keep the bid in their pocket? Notre Dame isn't going to get worse, and this deal goes for what four years? Why not wait until next year or the year after and see if they can pull a 10 win ND team into the bow?

Of course as I sit typing away I am wearing my green and gold colored glasses.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Could it also be less about what ND wants to do and more about what the Champs want to do? Why doesn't Champs keep the bid in their pocket? Notre Dame isn't going to get worse, and this deal goes for what four years? Why not wait until next year or the year after and see if they can pull a 10 win ND team into the bow?

Of course as I sit typing away I am wearing my green and gold colored glasses.

What? Wait, college football didn't exist before 1997 - so - how could you possibly root for another team too?

Archived