• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Perrilloux on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

154001_rperrillouxti.JPG

Perrilloux: Still A Texas Commit... But Looking

By Jamie Newberg  National Recruiting Analyst

Date: Jan 10, 2005

San Antonio, Texas -- With Signing Day just a little over three weeks away, Ryan Perrilloux continues to consider himself a Texas commitment, but he also plans to take three official visits after his week in San Antonio for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Plus, Scout.com's No. 2-rated QB nationally has a surprise addition to his list of favorites.

"I still consider myself a commitment to Texas," Perrilloux told Scout.com in San Antonio at the U.S. Army game check-in. "Texas is my top school. The thing that stands out about Texas is the coaches, players, facilities, the program. I definitely want to get my degree, my mom wants me to get my degree. The coaches are real hands on... the players make me feel at home. Me and VY are the best of friends and I have his phone number..."

"It's a home-like place. It's a home away from home," he added.

Vince Young's MVP performance in the Longhorns' dramatic Rose Bowl win over Michigan had Perrilloux thinking about his future under center in the Orange and White.

"I was thinking their offense is really making Vince look good, the players are making him look real good," Perrilloux said. "I was thinking if I go to Texas it'll be the same way for me in two or three years. It really made my commitment more solid."

Miami, Florida State and Mississippi State are still on the visit schedule, though, as is LSU.

"Les Miles is bringing in some real good coaches," Perrilloux said. "He's bringing in coaches to prepare me for the next level. I'm looking at LSU, but right now, Texas is my top school..."

So who's the new school in the mix, according to the Reserve, La. QB?

"South Florida is a school I kinda pictured that I might want to go to mainly because a fella named Lawrence Dawsey," Perrilloux said. "I worked out with him during the summertime, he played in the NFL, and played at Florida State, was a first-round draft pick. He's showed me a lot of different stuff about the school... Receivers can actually be great quarterback coaches.... that's what I like about him and that's what I like about South Florida."

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=19&p=2&c=339754

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Way to go Dawsey!!  You've got him to nibble, now hook him and real him in.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

and some people questioned his hiring because he didnt really have a coaching background...  

good try, now go back to your hole...

I've got a great group of young kids to work with," he said. "They've got a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to working with them again."

The Florida State alum has heard his name as a popular choice to join Bobby Bowden's staff in Tallahassee, but he wants to put that rumor to rest.

"There's nothing to that," he said. "Fans are disappointed in how things are going on the offense up there. I've been here in Tampa ever since I got drafted by the Bucs. This is home."

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

good try, now go back to your hole...

LOL!!

I've got a great group of young kids to work with," he said. "They've got a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to working with them again."

In regards to the WR situation, I am also very excited about the future, I think he is right on.  We have a great mix of size (SJ Green) and speed (Chambers & Peyton) and the possibility of adding Taurus Johnson and possibly a couple other freshman WR's from this years recruiting class.  A great group of YOUNG and talented kids.  If we can get a QB to run this offense with talent like that, and a great running game we could have an incredible offense.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It would be amazing if we had a talented QB like Perriloux to come in with this stable of receivers, backs, and OL.  

Ryan would have success in his first year especially with Hall running behind him.  It would be the best belated christmas/chaunakah/etc present ever for bulls fan ;)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

From scout.com

193326.jpg

If the offensive line can keep the East's defensive linemen out of the offensive backfield, the West has the tools on offense to light up the scoreboard. Scout.com's #1 and #2 ranked quarterbacks in the country in Mark Sanchez and Ryan Perrilloux both looked sharp today throwing several nice catches to a talented group of receivers including DeSean Jackson, David Nelson, and David Gettis (Perrilloux Shown).

193334.jpg

Ryan Perrilloux had the best throw on the day with a tight seam route to David Gettis for a 45 yard touchdown.

today update to make you drool....  from scout.com

The talent in the West starts with the quarterbacks, especially Mark Sanchez (photo right) and Ryan Perrilloux, Scout.com’s two top-rated signal callers. They both are elite talents with Sanchez having more polish and Perrilloux having more upside. In fact, Perrilloux may have more upside than any player here at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Perrilloux (photo left) has the best of both worlds because he is such a terrific athlete playing quarterback. He is a quarterback all the way. Perrilloux can beat you badly with his legs. He can scramble for some valuable yards or evade the initial rush, buy some time and then beat you down field with his arm. When he does have time to throw and set his feet, he can throw accurate darts and pick apart a defense. Perrilloux has the strongest arm here in San Antonio, but sometimes puts too much velocity on the ball and doesn’t throw with enough touch.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

The fact that he said in his ESPN chat today that, "South Florida has an alright chance," should give us all hope that we can win him over, IF he comes to visit as expected.