• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2005 USF/Big East TV

Guest Jeff WVU

Guest Jeff WVU

The Big East network is part of the ESPN Plus package.  These games are carried on local stations in Big East markets.  Normally, these include the Big East game of the week and another game.  Each team normally has at least two Big East games of the week during the season with 12:00 kickoffs.  Also, national TV is in reference to ESPN and ESPN2.  ABC and CBS have only picked up a few Big East games over the years outside of Miami and VT.  WVU has played on ABC a few times over the past few years, last year against Pitt comes to mind, we played Notre Dame on CBS, and we played ECU on ABC around 1999.  Before that time, ABC would carry the 3:30 Big East Saturday game, but not anymore unless there is a special matchup.  From what I am hearing, our (Big East) contract with ESPN and ESPN2 will be similar to that of the CUSA and MWC.  Over the past few seasons, we have played quite a few weeknight games.  It seems as if we can expect more Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday night games in the future.  Also, I remember MT saying that most Big East conference games are played either at 12:00, 1:00, or 2:00 due to the markets and the idea that people in larger cities will watch football during the day and go out during the afternoons and at night.  There is really no way of getting around those times if you play on TV.  OOC games can be played at any time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East network is part of the ESPN Plus package.  These games are carried on local stations in Big East markets.  Normally, these include the Big East game of the week and another game.  Each team normally has at least two Big East games of the week during the season with 12:00 kickoffs.  Also, national TV is in reference to ESPN and ESPN2.  ABC and CBS have only picked up a few Big East games over the years outside of Miami and VT.  WVU has played on ABC a few times over the past few years, last year against Pitt comes to mind, we played Notre Dame on CBS, and we played ECU on ABC around 1999.  Before that time, ABC would carry the 3:30 Big East Saturday game, but not anymore unless there is a special matchup.  From what I am hearing, our (Big East) contract with ESPN and ESPN2 will be similar to that of the CUSA and MWC.  Over the past few seasons, we have played quite a few weeknight games.  It seems as if we can expect more Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday night games in the future.  Also, I remember MT saying that most Big East conference games are played either at 12:00, 1:00, or 2:00 due to the markets and the idea that people in larger cities will watch football during the day and go out during the afternoons and at night.  There is really no way of getting around those times if you play on TV.  OOC games can be played at any time.

that stinks

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Has anyone heard anything about the BE getting on satellite radio?  I've got Sirius, and they have several conferences already.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Has anyone heard anything about the BE getting on satellite radio?  I've got Sirius, and they have several conferences already.

I'm not sure how much demand there is going to be for satellite radio in sports when you can get the audio for most games on the Internet.  I guess for people who happen to be in their cars and not at home, but that must be a somewhat limited market.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Well, if other conferences are on satellite radio, then there must be some reason they do it.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

What is the Big East network?  Is that a Satellite TV thing?

It probably means that one local TV station will start showing Big East games.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

I can't wait till October 1, 2005!  I'll be in Miami watchin our Bulls play the Canes!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I can't wait till October 1, 2005!  I'll be in Miami watchin our Bulls play the Canes!!!

I hope it is October 1st - a Saturday!

Sounds more and more that when the BE and ESPN get a hold of scheduling, we may become the next UL of the airwaves with 5 or 6 games NOT on Saturdays.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we were on TV  plenty without big east

usf will be fine