• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOOD NEWS for the BULLS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

i meant with my suggestion of getting credit for cooking for his teammates ;)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

i meant with my suggestion of getting credit for cooking for his teammates ;)

No, I understood that.

But, I really think that it's a "legitimate" assigned project by a teacher to a student who is majoring in culinary arts. I don't see the NCAA having a problem with it.

He also could get a "cooking project" and turn it in to his Sarasota teacher, who may visit the USF campus from time to time.

With today's computers it's not unusual to have live video feeds going both ways from teacher to students. He could cook in Tampa live while the teacher in Sarasota could observe him online as well.

That is very true... it is completely within the realm of possibilities!

Heck, Statistics at USF is no longer a classroom course (although there is a lab)... It is broadcast on the internet as streaming video or downloadable video to 2 or 3 of our campuses.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

That is very true... it is completely within the realm of possibilities!

Heck, Statistics at USF is no longer a classroom course (although there is a lab)... It is broadcast on the internet as streaming video or downloadable video to 2 or 3 of our campuses.

i took Bus. and Eco. Stats I & II with teachers and class time... but generally Stat II is a telecourse at USF

and I wonder if he is allowed to take classes at HCC under athletic scholarship??  That would be interesting

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Well, I do know that one recruit said this year that USF has the best FOOD of all the schools he's visited.  ;D

So, at least we will feed Carlton well when he comes to visit.

Some of the younger guys may not get the Shea Cotton reference.... ;D

i certainly didn't get the cotton reference...  nor did i even see one.  I'm up for story time cyber  ;)

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

i certainly didn't get the cotton reference...  nor did i even see one.  I'm up for story time cyber  ;)

Somebody correct if  I am missing some of the details, Shea Cotton will always be connected to "great food" for USF fans.

Shea Cotton was the highly touted little brother of a former Seth Greenberg standout, James Cotton, at Long Beach State. He was a consensus Top 5, All Universe, can't miss phenom recruit that had appeared as as a high schooler  in Sports Illustrated, Sport and a bunch of other mainstream sports media outlets. The kid could play...

Naturally, every school was after him but Greenie's relationship with the Cotton family made us rumored heavy favorite. Shea Cotton visited USF and it appeared for a while that Seth would pull one of the biggest coup of the recruiting season for South Florida.  Based on his comments in the Trib and the old version of Rivals, his comments made it sound like USF was his clear leader heading into signing day. All he had to do was finish his Alabama visit which was hastily put together at the last minute. 'Bama really entered the picture very late in the game.

However this is where the story turns. Cotton went to 'Bama and eventually committed to their sleeze bag, cheating coach. When asked by a Tampa Tribune reporter, what was the major reason for picking 'Bama over USF, Cotton said, "I committed to Alabama b/c the food at Alabama was awesome and I like to eat".

So we essentially lost out on a bigtime recruit b/c  Alabama had better food services....that and the money Gotfried probably put under Cotton's pillow during his visit to UAT.

The post-mortem on this story is that All Universe Shea Cotton never did anything special at Alabama and eventually left school early for the NBA.  Last I read he was playing in Europe or South America for a couple thousand bucks per game.

Cyberbull...Thanks for the great story, but I wasn't alluding to it at all. It was merely coincidence. Perhaps, though, that is why our food is better NOW.  ;D

This is what I had in mind:

154577.jpg

USF has a great cafeteria (laughs) I know I'm talking about food, but I can really eat. (laughs) Football wise, they have a great practice facility."

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1089155552;start=3#3

We didn't land him though. He gave a verbal to Wake Forest.  :-/

PS: in THAT thread Leavittation also made a reference to Cotton:

Leavittation

Junior

Tampa FL

Re: A way to a recruit's heart!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 7:44pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey bring back Shae Cotton! We have better food now!  

IP Logged