• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #1 with Carlton Hill again

Guest S.  Bien

Well, I'm not saying that.  I think there are generally two consistent sites for the information and the stuff flows pretty freely (ie. there was a McCray update like 15 minutes ago on Rivals).  I guess all I'm saying is there is no real conspiracy by Rivals to knock USF players down the chart.   I think if you compare the overall rankings on signing day they are generally pretty similar.

I personally agree that a player like Johnny Peyton should have been ranked a little better than #58 last year, but ultimately it was probabaly a fair ranking.  

Scouts.com had Johnny Peyton as a four star recruit, and the #21 WR in the nation.  For those who saw him play in HS would believe that's a fairer assessment.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Getting back to the subject of Carlton Hill, this doesn't help our position of landing him:

Shaw Backs Out

By Allen Wallace

Date: Jan 13, 2005

Oceanside (Calif.) QB Derek Shaw (6-3, 200, 4.8, Scout.com's #11 QB, 4 stars) has decided not to follow through with his commitment to Miami, according to his grandfather and former Oregon coach **** Enright

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=2&c=341266&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fmiami.scout.com%2f2%2f341266.html

Looks like we will go down to the wire with Hill as we have in past years with UF and FSU on other QB's. Hopefully, this time we'll win out.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Getting back to the subject of Carlton Hill, this doesn't help our position of landing him:

Shaw Backs Out

By Allen Wallace

Date: Jan 13, 2005

Oceanside (Calif.) QB Derek Shaw (6-3, 200, 4.8, Scout.com's #11 QB, 4 stars) has decided not to follow through with his commitment to Miami, according to his grandfather and former Oregon coach **** Enright

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=2&c=341266&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fmiami.scout.com%2f2%2f341266.html

Looks like we will go down to the wire with Hill as we have in past years with UF and FSU on other QB's. Hopefully, this time we'll win out.

it really doesnt matter who they sign this year he is destined to be a WR at UM.  They already have two young All American QB's on their roster, Kirby Freeman and Kyle Wright.  Both were HUGE prospects coming out of HS and each prob have 3-4 yrs eligibility left.  

But as we all know that hasnt stopped other QB's from signing with bigger universities....

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

new rivals article up on Hill done by canesport.com and just looking around their site it sounds like they have a full court press on for him....  completely RIDICULOUS... no way in hell he ever takes a snap at QB at UM, does Derek Crudup ring a bell?  The same black, mobile QB that never got a real shot at UM and accused them of being racist TOO!!!   unfreakinbelievable, i really wish I could talk to some of these recruits for about thirty seconds and tell them how stupid they are

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

It almost seems like the Big 3 in Florida recruit certain kids sometimes, not because they need them but to keep other schools from getting them.  How many star prospects go to these schools and never play a down?  Same thing year in and year out, eventually the transfer, or hang on and graduate.  When are these kids going to wake up!