• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

seriously what position will pj play

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Unless you know something about the - untried, and in some cases - "Gee, I hope they really do end up signing with us " players - I see no reason to think PJ will not be your QB next year.

boy i hope you are WRONG

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

boy i hope you are WRONG

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1104089712;start=11#11

on Dec 27th, 2004, 1:25pm, S._Bien wrote:

Basically, Grothe will probably redshirt because PJ's going to stay the QB unless something freakish happens and Denson suddenly learns to execute an offense.    

NAM37

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Don't forget that PJ was only a sophmore.  If he can continue to learn and develop there is no reason why he can't be a decent QB for us.  Give him time.   I would guess that a lot of college players at any position don't get to be the starter until their Jr. or Sr. years.  That means that they get 2-3 years to develop.  I think that PJ improved from last year to this year and I still believe that PJ has a shot at becoming a better QB over the next 2 years.  I guess time will tell.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I agree with you in that he has improved and will probably be better next year but it will be interesting to see what happens over spring. Denson will compete for the job.

Anyway you look at it well be better at that position next year.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I really did not see any improvement with PJ with the exception of the win against a horrible TCU team.  But I am still up in the air as to who will start at QB next year.  I dont see Grothe coming in as a true freshman and learning the system fast enough to win the starting job, and I dont know anything about Denson, nor have I ever seen him play so I dont know if he is capable of winning the job.  He was a very highly rated QB prospect a couple of years ago, number 4 of 5 in the country I think, but who knows.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Denson is gifted.  But if he doesn't spend all his time between now and spring ball studying the play book he may not get the chance to start.  It takes more then just an arm and great mobility to be a QB.  He has to be able to tell a WR that "You broke the wrong way" or "there was a blits and you should have broken off your route" and be able to tell them with authority.  Most good QBs are leaders on the field and run the team.  I hope if anyone reads this board that knows him please tell him to work now because it will pay off later.  As I said before use the Vijah Singh approach.  Practice,practice practice and then practice some more.  PJ could do the same and let the best man win as it should be.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Denson been practicing with the team at QB for months, so he should have the play book pretty much down by now. Same with Gachette who is very smart and has at least a partial academic scholarship. Grothe also is a very fast learner and I believe also has some kind of an academic scholarship as well. At least we brought in SMART Players.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pj  not only lacked talent and the ability to execute

he exuded nooooooooooooo confidence and looked scared

the qb position must have a leader

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Denson been practicing with the team at QB for months, so he should have the play book pretty much down by now. Same with Gachette who is very smart and has at least a partial academic scholarship. Grothe also is a very fast learner and I believe also has some kind of an academic scholarship as well. At least we brought in SMART Players.

I like this aspect of our future QB situation!