• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WHAT I LEARNED FROM USF-UF GAME

BULLZ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

first id like to say im very proud of how our guys played. I love the bulls, through thick an tin.

so here we go...

1. WE FINALLY HAVE LEGITIMATE SMART CAPITALIZING ON OUR STRENGTHS PLAY CALLING!!! HALLELUYAH!!! smart plays to keep the defense guessing. our options were run beautifully, i am very proud of skip and the ocs game management

2. Our team has HUUUUGE potential this year. The first half our team played with a purpose, simply manhandling the gators. The execution, assignment blocking (minus the mistakes) was there. Our defense swarming to the ball, playing sound football, corners not givin up big plays. Had we not fumbled that ball it wouldve been 14-0, and who knows how the game wouldve gone.

3. HOW WE FACED ADVERSITY. This to me along with getting reliable receivers is going to be the KEY to us fulfilling our potential and being a GREAT team this year. when we were down 14 and it was 3rd and long and bj ran it and got a first down, he was fired up, he was not hangin his head, he was stepping up as a LEADER. If our team has LEADERS STEP UP, and be there for when the going gets tough to pick everyone else up, a coach SEES that and builds his team around those players. as corny as this sounds, this is probly the most important intangible in football, more important than any 40 time or star rank

4. Landi is stepping up to the plate. Though it was only once he caught that ball, you can tell he is a ballplayer and a unique competitor.

5. Murray is starting to shine. Finally a back we can feature, ahhh the future looks bright.

6. Lamar is getting his confidence on, taking hits and gettin right back up, hes gonna be put in the position to make plays.

7. Our o line was impressive, very happy to see us run it inside.

8. Special teams, thank you for not giving me a heart attack this weekend :)

BTW props to KAHN on that EXCELLENT PUNT that pinned the gators deep in their own territory.

Now the constructive criticisms.... (I am not going to say the BAD side of how we played, because the fact of the matter is watching these guys play, they left everything on the field and they played their hearts out. so hats off to our guys, to have the players come in a thread and read "fans" trashing their play is ridiculous. These players are men of character and deserved to be treated as so"

1. Receivers gotta step it up. Make the catches, hopefully that will develop.

2. The middle of our defense is still being exploited like crazy, playing a team like PITT or UCONN who just like to run you over is gonna get us killed unless we adapt.

3. Shields man you had plenty of touches bro, and i dont know if its the jitters or what, but you gotta come down with the ball more, your a big dude, you can play the game, believe in yourself

4. BJ ( though i can understand the INTs) has to still realize the game, like life, is a marathon, its not a sprint. take a loss, make up for it next play. you dont have to win on every down to win the game.

I think the defining moment of our season this year is going to be the WVU game. Hopefully if we can get there 4-1 beating wku, fau, and syracuse, how we play against a so far impressive WVU game can set the tone to play against an unproven cincinatti team and then finally BRING THE SMACKDOWN TO RUTGERS when they come down.

If our team can stabilize itself on the potential it showed this week, we can very well win the BIG EAST.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

Yesterday's game reaffirm my belief that USF can hang with anyone, and if we play with no turnovers we can beat anyone. Just have to put it all together... Been saying this ever since Grothe got here and we had an offense to go with our D.. So unsure when we'll put it all together but I can be patient.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Nice review.  Thanks.

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Very nice and fair summary.

Maybe a little lite on BJ's decision making, which HAS to CHANGE.

I'm still lookig forward to a very good season, because I think the coaching staff will get into BJ's head and correct his judgment making or ultimately they will replace him.

Archived