• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF and Miami agree to home-and-home series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

We are going to need you Miami Bulls to give us the scoop on where is the closet safe place to stay near the Orange Bowl.

Naples ...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

First of all this is FRICKIN AWESOME NEWS. Way to go Doug!

I suspect this deal is more contingent on 12-game seasons being approved, since that's the only way we could play the mystical sixth home game. Or, maybe DW convinced the Glaz-- er, "TSA" that Miami once is more profitable than Tennessee Tech twice. Which it is.

This is also a good opportunity to bring a road crowd. This will not be a marquee game for UM, and UM attendance is crap if it's not a marquee game. So we could have a significant fan presence in their stadium. That could be helpful later in 2005 if we have a good season and are in the running for a bowl spot.

I'm not worried about Miami cancelling the return date. UM over the years has been quite willing to play semi-dangerous OOC road games: La Tech, Arizona State, Memphis, Houston, East Carolina, and San Diego State when they had Marshall Faulk.

And yes this NEEDS to be a Saturday game.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Naples ...

LOL.... ;D ;D

I live about 100 miles north of Miami. Y'all can park here and we'll charter a bus down.

If Miami beat UF in Peach Bowl, I believe Miami would have won last 9 games against teams in Florida (UF, FSU) and how would be nice if USF can snap their steak.

Go Bulls!!!!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

This is awesome.  I will definitely be in the house for this one.  To get to see the Bulls take on the team I loved as a kid.  Go Bulls lets pull off the upset.  I'm glad this was released now as it will definitely help in our recruiting.  Props to all who worked on this project.  Man do we have one heck of a schedule next year.  It will be a great chance for our players from Miami to play down south.  Im on cloud nine right now!!!

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

First of all this is FRICKIN AWESOME NEWS. Way to go Doug!

I suspect this deal is more contingent on 12-game seasons being approved, since that's the only way we could play the mystical sixth home game. Or, maybe DW convinced the Glaz-- er, "TSA" that Miami once is more profitable than Tennessee Tech twice. Which it is.

This is also a good opportunity to bring a road crowd. This will not be a marquee game for UM, and UM attendance is crap if it's not a marquee game. So we could have a significant fan presence in their stadium. That could be helpful later in 2005 if we have a good season and are in the running for a bowl spot.

I'm not worried about Miami cancelling the return date. UM over the years has been quite willing to play semi-dangerous OOC road games: La Tech, Arizona State, Memphis, Houston, East Carolina, and San Diego State when they had Marshall Faulk.

And yes this NEEDS to be a Saturday game.

My suspicion is that the Miami side of this game will be played on a weeknight; USF side they will make sure shows up on a Saturday and ESPN, Fox be damned.

It looks like Gary got his 5 game wish....although I still believe a 1 for 1 front-loaded game was the best goal as it kept everything in tact when the 12-game rule gets passed.  Figure FAMU filled the normal I-AA homer and that the first choice had to be a game with someone like UNC that came here first.   That probably never got close to getting done.

What the 6 Away game thing does is it realistically takes USF out of any real bowl talk painfully early next year.

After 4 games you can almost presume the Bulls are 2-2 and they need to find 4 wins in a Big East lineup....and realistically they need to win the early ones.  

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done.  It clearly should.  A 1 for 1 with Miami is definately something you do when you are USF.  It FILLS (and I'm not talking lower level) your stadium and there is none of this 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 B.S.  It is simply great that this happen.  Honestly, it is the only game that should have really torn down the 6 game wall.

I'm already excited about the roadie to Miami on the 18th.  

Still, USF is clearly sacrificing 2005 for a very real chance at glory in 2006.  

Freak, I think we can be a little more optimistic than that. We're not going to beat UM. But UCF and FAMU are feeble, and Penn State isn't exactly going places. We almost NEED to win all three of those not to embarass the NBE. If the defense improves, Andre Hall returns, and we find a quarterback, 6-5 ought to be possible.

And yes, ding dong the witch is dead.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Freak, I think we can be a little more optimistic than that. We're not going to beat UM. But UCF and FAMU are feeble, and Penn State isn't exactly going places. We almost NEED to win all three of those not to embarass the NBE. If the defense improves, Andre Hall returns, and we find a quarterback, 6-5 ought to be possible.

And yes, ding dong the witch is dead.

Listen, I'd love to agree with you if the team actually matured this season.  The QB position -- wide open.  The defense.  Listen, that defense was flat out bad this season.  There wasn't a position on that side of the ball that sparked.   No QB and no defensive continuity and you expect to waltz into State College the first game back and end up with more points on the board after 4 quarters?

You are correct it was winnable, but that was when everyone thought the team was going to move forward.  It moved sideways/back in certain areas.

Sorry for the diatribe.  The bottom line is 2-2 is all that can be expected.  Yes, if God smiles on the Bulls that first day the Bulls could pull an incredible upset.  That's what it would be too.  Penn State is bad, but they are Big 10 bad.  Right now the Bulls are C-USA bad and there is simply no comparison.

Leavitt seems to indicate he'll get the car in the shop and be ready to race.  

Armchair QB recommendations? -- get your most "comfortable" qb on the field.  The one that doesn't flinch when you throw a bucket of scrap metal at him.  Get Johnnie Jones as SS and pray he stays healthy.  Move Jenkins to FS.  Get Mompremier back and on the field.  Get Tim Jones back out there and get his motor running.  If Kendrick Stewart signs find a way to get him on the field on the D-Line.  He's out of control good.

I know there is talent on this team, but to win 3 of 4 (and at least one or two BE games on the road) the Bulls will need to get it ready to play football in short order.