• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best expansion article yet...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

All this talk about more big money for schools with conference realignments; I'm waiting for some of the student-athletes to raise their hands and ask: "where's our cut of the money?"

great point

no one is talking about giving them anything more

it is outrageous

and this is why congress must get involved

kids should have 6 years to graduate,full medical,monthly stipends to start

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Very slippery slope you are looking to go down when you start trying to compensate student athletes.  How much of a stipend ?  If one gets it then all get it - now maybe the Big-10 Pac-10 SEC can easily afford to do that but how about Valdotsta State or FIU or Slippery Rock ?

Endorsements - no way is that a good idea.  Can you imagine how a Florida could recruit or USC if they were allowed to tell future players that "Hey -Tim Tebow made a cool million while he was here and you could be next".  That would be a reciepe for disaster.

I have always felt it was unfair not to let a player work while he/she is playing but you can thank bosters for screwing that up - remember the job for watching the automatic sprinklers come on ?  lol

It would never be fair.  How would you equate a say - Depaul with Texas -  Texas has a football team and I don't know for sure but probably every olympic teams sport so they could have 200 more students on scholorship then DePaul and the money to pay a stipend but no way DePaul does.  So even if you made some kind of pool from all schools to cover stipends Texas still gets alot more cash.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

$25 million per game for the 16 playoff teams sounds great, if that group would be chosen without bias, but I would suggest something like a 25% off the $800 million or so playoff revenue payment divided equally to all the FBS schools, giving each close to $1.7 million a year.  Then it would be more like $18 million per game and hope the Big East could have multiple games in the playoff.

Go Bulls!

Archived