• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Red" Excuse Is Officially Moot (Article on Pitt's Trees Field)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Although Lelo has really tried, with success, to upgrade the schedule, I suspect top players would rather compete in the SEC and ACC than play Villanova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, etc. in baseball.

The schedule was not upgraded!  It did take a dip due to the weak big east but USF's out of conference is as strong as anyone's.

USF had good players, I really can't think of any TOP players ever.  Ross Gload, maybe the most decorated of all time, was doubted very heavily coming out of high school.  This is what USF, at least under Cardieri, used for success.  There were a lot of good players who turned into very good/great players that were overlooked by other schools.

Why this is no longer the case is beyond me.

I think there biggest problem this year was the bad start.  They had a tough out of conference schedule.  It seems they never recovered from the bad start although they did make a bit of a run.

I contend their bad start was a product of who they were playing not getting off to a bad start.

They played the same basic out of conference schedule they always do and they got it handed to them, then started to win when they played the weak teams in conference.  But when they went back and played UM and UF after they got out of their "early slump", they looked like they were in their early slump again.

• Content Count:  959

I am pulling for them and you never know what can happen if you get hot in the post season----- BUT------- From what I have seen this year they just are not very good. 

• Content Count:  171

Although Lelo has really tried, with success, to upgrade the schedule, I suspect top players would rather compete in the SEC and ACC than play Villanova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, etc. in baseball.

The schedule was not upgraded!  It did take a dip due to the weak big east but USF's out of conference is as strong as anyone's.

USF had good players, I really can't think of any TOP players ever.  Ross Gload, maybe the most decorated of all time, was doubted very heavily coming out of high school.  This is what USF, at least under Cardieri, used for success.  There were a lot of good players who turned into very good/great players that were overlooked by other schools.

The schedule was not upgraded???????  I guess we have always played 4 games against Florida and 2 against Miami.  Also, the Big East could actually get three automatic bids this year as opposed to just Louisville last year so there was no dip at the top.

The schedule was not upgraded???????  I guess we have always played 4 games against Florida and 2 against Miami.  Also, the Big East could actually get three automatic bids this year as opposed to just Louisville last year so there was no dip at the top.

Same schedule!  Always played UF 4 times and UM 2 times, UCF 4 Times, Stetson 4 Times, Jacksonville 4 times.

• Content Count:  171

Same schedule!  Always played UF 4 times and UM 2 times, UCF 4 Times, Stetson 4 Times, Jacksonville 4 times.

Nice try but you couldn't be more wrong.   Past schedules have 1 game against Florida and None against Miami.   

They also didn't play the other schools 4 times but don't let the facts get in your way.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Florida - 4

Miami - 2

FSU - 0

UNF - 2

JU - 2

UCF - 2

Stetson - 2

FGCU - 1

BCC - 0

FAMU - 0

FAU - 0

FIU - 0

Florida - 1

Miami - 0

FSU - 0

UNF - 2

JU - 1

UCF - 4

Stetson - 1

FGCU - 1

BCC - 2

FAMU - 2

FAU - 1

FIU - 2

Florida - 1

Miami - 0

FSU - 0

UNF - 2

JU - 0

UCF - 3

Stetson - 2

FGCU - 2

BCC - 3

FAMU - 0

FAU - 2

FIU - 0

Nice try but you couldn't be more wrong.   Past schedules have 1 game against Florida and None against Miami.   

They also didn't play the other schools 4 times but don't let the facts get in your way.

Interesting, I didn't realize that Prado downgraded the schedule so much!.

90's and early 00's we played the same ocs schedule every year against florida schools!

Archived