• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joe Paterno advocates expansion to the East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

oePa sees expansion of the Big Ten, and he wouldn’t mind it coming from his own side of the map. “I think expansion is coming,†Paterno said today on a Big Ten coaches’ teleconference. … Paterno, 83, said he would like to see a team from the East be part of the Big Ten’s expansion plans, although he didn’t mention the names of any schools. “When all this happens, I’ll probably be out of this thing,†he said. “I’d like to see our particular conference move East a little bit. It would give us a little broader television market and a little more exposure and if we had 12 teams we’d have a chance to get into some kind of championship [game]. Whether that means you go 12 [teams] or you go 14. I don’t know. I don’t know all the consequences.†– Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.footballrumormill.com/2010/04/14/joe-paterno-advocates-expansion-to-the-east/

Archived