• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Certain Rays fans ruining the games!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Another example of how awesome, and by awesome I mean annoying, Tampa fans are...I know you natives love these threads.  >:D ;D

http://blogs.tampabay.com/twocents/2010/04/more-cowbell-not-for-some.html

More cowbell? Not for some

One of Tropicana Field's biggest traditions might be doing more harm than good. It could be that the cowbell is keeping some fans from attending games.

Here's a letter we received at the Timesfrom a reader named "R. Garcia'' from Valrico. Garcia writes: "I'm a lifelong Baseball fan. I'd love to attend a lot of games in person but I'll only go to one this year. Why? Because I can't enjoy a game while surrounded by idiots constantly clanging cowbells. They have no place at a major league baseball game. REAL fans don't need obnoxious, artificial noise makers to show their enthusiasm. Instead of buying Rays tickets, I'll just enjoy watching baseball from the comfort of my own home instead.''

This letter isn't an isolated one and far from the only complaint we've heard about the cowbells. The tradition started when owner Stu Sternberg saw a Saturday Night Live clip about a rock band using "more cowbell'' for one of their hits. The tradition took off during the Rays' 2008 World Series run, but lately there has been a backlash ... at least from some corners. Seeing as how area fans have found enough excuses to not attend Rays games, you would hate to think that some have found another reason not to go.

April 12, 2010 in Rants/raves | Permalink

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

The difference between these fans and the fans from NY and Boston is that one carries an annoying noisemaker in their hand, while the others have them permanently attached to their faces.

The difference between these fans and the fans from NY and Boston is that one carries an annoying noisemaker in their hand, while the others have them permanently attached to their faces.

good one, thing is i root for the Rays and I cant stand those thing and any baseball purist would agree. 

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

the cowbells suck but what sucks worse is people complaining about them

the cowbells suck but what ***** worse is people complaining about them

Right, Im sure the next article the Times writes up will be about how bad people who complain about cowbells suck. 

well i thought this post would of been about richmond bull.  but since you take so much interest in the rays.

why dont you find a better hobbie?

who cares what the papers write?

as long as the stadium is in st pete the rays will have a problem drawing a crowd.

• Content Count:  724

well i thought this post would of been about richmond bull.  but since you take so much interest in the rays.

as long as the stadium is in st pete the rays will have a problem drawing a crowd.

thanks matt you're so kind and of course I can't say anything back because I have to be nice or I'll get banned

but of course you can say anything because you're a....nevermind

actually article was emailed to me, thought it was very true.

hobby?  ironic, how often are you on this site? im just stirring the pot pal, if you claim a Rays fan take your deserved lumps like a man, I know I do as a secondary fan.  

"Seeing as how area fans have found enough excuses to not attend Rays games, you would hate to think that some have found another reason not to go."  

**** like this is written for a reason and written a lot bro, just like i say it a lot.  Its a dig, its saying the team is good people, wtf is the deal?

Dont worry Citifiled will be empty soon too (Not tropicana empty, but empty).  but we might be the worst team in the mlb, i think some forget I root for the rays.  

and why would i write about Richmond, i like his post dont agree with all of them but im not sensitive.   like people who ignore posters.  

thanks matt you're so kind and of course I can't say anything back because I have to be nice or I'll get banned

but of course you can say anything because you're a....nevermind

aww such angry words.  so sorry to get you into "banned" mad. 

maybe youre a..nevermind

rays were set up to fail by being in st pete.

someone (vince namoli) thought....hey i can make money off the red sox and yankees...while taking over this busted stadium.

there is no way MLB would of gave st pete a team if there wasnt a stadium and they didnt need to put a team in AZ

Archived