• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow! Randy Fontanez!!! (USF No-Hitter!)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Dude!  I don't know where you get your info but Stetson is not garbage and never has been. 

I expect USF to go .500 against Stetson, UCF, UM, UF, FSU, Jacksonville.

That is not bad

My sister went to Stetson and graduated in '06, so I'm pretty sure I know about the baseball team. I've spent plenty of time at Melching Field in my day and continue to follow the program. Maybe you should follow college baseball more closely, because Stetson is nowhere remotely close to being as good as they were even just 4 years ago.

Stetson has not had a winning record since the 2007 season. (26-33 finishing at #146 and 27-30 finishing #142)

Stetson is currently the #186 ranked baseball team in the nation, against the 198th hardest schedule in the country. (Out of 301 Division 1 teams)

Stetson has beaten 1 team currently in the top 100 of the RPI (James Madison).

Stetson was swept by a bad Georgia team (#106), lost to #208 Harvard at home, lost 2 out of 3 to #139 FGCU at home, pounded by FSU, and has lost to UCF at home (who we have already beaten).

Not to mention the fact that they already lost to the team we just HAMMERED, Notre Dame.

While they may turn out to be a decent club, that resume does not have anything good about it. Trust me, as someone who knows people connected with the school and program, and attended Pete Dunn baseball camp for multiple years, I wish they were better.

For a team that basically can't afford any slip ups, last nights game should not have been a loss. USF has a lot of ground to make up, lets hope we can do it!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

While Stetson has struggled thus far this season, they still are a respectable program.  This loss isn't a huge deal.  Sure it would look good, but we have to do our best during the weekend series.  If you noticed, Teddy Kaufman moved into the weekend rotation to fill a glaring hole.  And now that leaves our midweek games as a big question mark until we get some of our starters back.  It wouldn't surprise me if we lose to UCF the next mid week game we play vs the them due to this problem in the rotation.  As long as we win 2 out of 3 the rest of the year in conference, it really doesn't matter too much what we do against non league opponents.  Sure we want to beat them, but it certainly isn't the main objective at this point.

Go Bulls, take 2 out of 3 in the 'Nati!!!     

Archived