• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blount new HC at Freedom

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Congrats !  :gobulls

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/mar/09/freedom-names-ex-usf-lineman-blount-head-football-/

Freedom names ex-USF lineman Blount head football coach

By NICK WILLIAMS | The Tampa Tribune

Published: March 9, 2010

TAMPA - Former South Florida defensive lineman and Freedom assistant and offensive/defensive line coach Tchecoy Blount has been named the new head football coach at Freedom, the school announced via email Tuesday morning.

Blount replaces James Harrell, who left after one season to accept the coaching position at Jesuit.

Blount joined Freedom in 2007 when former USF quarterback Marquel Blackwell was hired to coach the program and hired him as an assistant. Blount played with Blackwell at USF between 1997-2001.

Blount, a former Dixie Hollins star, played in USF's inaugural season in 1997.

Freedom finished 7-3 last season and lost to Countryside in the Class 5A quarterfinals.

During his three years as an assistant at Freedom, Blount developed two Division I-AA linemen in Coril Joseph (Charleston Southern) and Carl Saunders (Jacksonville).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great to hear that he was hired. Maybe he can help us to land one of his players, OLB Keith Lewis, who has already been offered by USF.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/georgiatech/football/recruiting/player-Keith-Lewis-108628

Archived