• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

Football National Signing Day is February 6th.

Is the board going to die again?  That sucked BIG TIME!!!

???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Funny you should ask...Velcro and I are currently discussing our plans for Signing Day as well as some other technical issues.

The board is coming up on numerous hosting issues again.  We are just getting too big for most of these hosting sites, especially if we want to keep a large archive of old posts.  We certainly want to continue to do that, but the sheer size and number of the board's files create problems for econimical hosting options.

So we are looking at options weighing price, space, file counts, speed, reliability, backup capability and security.  We believe we have an option.  Hopefully it is one that will allow us protection when the board spikes to record high usage during times like Signing Day.

In the near future we may ask you to help us stress test the new site.   We have only a limited time we can remain hosted where we are now without experiencing major downtime.  We know we have to find another new home and hope to have it resolved soon.

Guest HowieP1

I doubt we will have the same amount of traffic.

Last year was a unique situation with Ingram and all the Florida fans came over here to find out what was happening.

I guess the same thing could happen with Carlton Hill if he waits until signing day to announce.

To avoid a repeat, Bulliever, might want to alert his web server in advance that there may be a traffic spike on that day, so they won't erroneously think the site was being attacked.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

hmm....  I'll be sending more $$ soon!  

I can't relive 2/6/04!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Bulliever, is there any way that you can disable certain parts of the board on signing day to free up space for the increase in site traffic.   Such as only having the main board open that day.    

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever, is there any way that you can disable certain parts of the board on signing day to free up space for the increase in site traffic.   Such as only having the main board open that day.    

There are options that can be used...The only way to close down a board is to remove it.  We can also negate guest posting.  Velcrogrip, our Chief of Technology and Strategic Initiatives is currently engaged in our disaster prevention and recovery initiative.

We are committed to making the board an even better place for Bulls to meet and interact.  We will post updates as we get a little further down the road.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Velcrogrip, our Chief of Technology and Strategic Initiatives ...

Hey, I really like that title... can i use that on my resume?  ;D

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Bulliever, email me to let me know what kind of incremental costs we're looking at.  I would probably be willing to commit to a year of monthly donations at a certain level to at the very least assist.