• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts from the UL game...I attended.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

So, yeah...first half turned out better than i thought.

This is definitely a DOWN UofL team, though.

The place was PACKED and me and my ex-roommate(who graduated from USF and lives in Louisville now) were the only Bulls in attendance, except for the team and the 20 or so people behind the teams bench. 

We are definitely HURTING bad without Gus and will need him back SOON to even compete in Big East play.  I firmly believe that we would've had a shot in this game if gus was healthy and IF we made even 60% of our free throws.

For the first time this year Free Throws KILLED US!!!  We would have led by a handful at the half if we would've made our free ones. Regardless it was a decent game...except for the second half, pfft.  Once DoJo got into foul trouble...i knew it was all OVER!

DoJo was all over the place and is clearly a star destined for big things...he was manhandling some UofL players tonight

Ugh...for the most part, the Louisville fans thought that we battled well and were much more improved from years past.  They all asked me about Gus before the game, i think because they were a little worried.  They know how dangerous this team could be with him in there.

I think we just got a streak of bad luck unfortunately...cause with Gus in there, it would have taken IMMEDIATE pressure off of DoJo and would have given us more presence in the paint(which we desperately needed), along with a big body to rebound too!!!

I think we did a decent job dealing with Pitino's press, even though we had bench players in there most of the game. 

3 things we need desperately to even compete in the BIG EAST: 

1. get Gus back, REBOUND'S!!!

2. Solidify and get consistent depth from bench guys

3. MAKE FREE THROWS!!! THEY'RE FREE!!!

ugh...thats it. 

GO BULLS!!!(from Louisville)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Gus is our best FT shooter and best outside shooter too. He's very important.

Archived