• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BBall: Offer out to a big-man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Nature Coast’s Tyler Bergantino boasts D-I offers

Posted on Sunday, Dec. 27, 2009 at 12:10 a.m.

Nature Coast center Tyler Bergantino is just 16 and only a sophomore, but he already has an impressive list of suitors.

Thus far, USF, Buffalo and Ohio have offered, he said Saturday.

Not only that, but Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Miami and Ohio State are interested in the 6-foot-9 standout.

Bergantino and his Nature Coast teammates will take part this week in the Florida Elite Series, which is being held in conjunction with the Tampa Hoops Classic. The opportunity to compete against top-notch talent is something Bergantino relishes.

“When you play the same people all the time, you know how to guard them,†Bergantino said. “Now, it’s a whole new thing. It’s like driving a new car.â€

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2009/dec/27/nature-coasts-tyler-bergantino-boasts-d-i-offers/

I see him around campus all the time. He seems like a real good kid. He has been slowed down early on so far in his career by knee problems but looks like he has overcome them. He will only continue to improve from here on out. A 6-9 Sophomore... phew.

Archived