• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Frostproof Stud Nickell Robey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Cornerback Nickell Robey of Frostproof (FL) High School may be short in stature, but he has big time game.

Robey (5-8, 165) helped lead the South Florida All Stars to a 27-23 win over the North Florida All Stars with a performance that included two interceptions and a forced fumble.

Robey was the talk of the all star game with coaches and teammates raving about his play during the three days of practice and the game.

“I just played the game and practice hard,†Robey said. “I just wanted to have fun in an all star game as a senior. This will be a nice memory for me that I can look back on for the rest of my life. I was able to go against some talented receivers and show that what I could do.â€

Robey is regarded as one of the better athletes in Florida this year. He finished his senior season running for 700 yards while on defense totaling 73 tackles with one interception and returned two kickoffs for touchdowns.

Robey has been committed to Georgia, but with the firing of defensive coordinator Willie Martinez, Robey says he is looking at other schools.

“I am looking around now because of the changes they made with the defensive coordinator at Georgia,†Robey said. “I am just keeping my options open, because you never know what can happen when changes come. I am looking at everybody right now.â€

Tennessee and USF are the two schools who are currently showing Robey the most interest.

“Really the only two schools who have come around for me is Tennessee and USF. I like both of those schools, so I will be looking into them.â€

With Miami searching for a return man for 2010 recruiting class, Robey and his 4.3 speed in the 40 would be a strong option. Robey says he would definitely be interested in the Hurricanes if they decided to show some interest.

“I would be interested in Miami,†Robey said. “I have always wanted to be a UM recruit. I like how they play. I want to play for a great team with a great environment with great people and guys who will push each other to get to the next level and Miami has all that.â€

“I know they are good and getting better. They have a great secondary and they have great coaches and I know they are on the rise right now.â€

Archived