• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats to the kid

bullnupe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Austin Reiter just committed to play here at USF while on his official.  Im always happy when we get one of the kids that we target but reviewing this young man's ratings on scout he is the last of all the prospects that we were looking at.  A sidebar I realized I may need a little more cardio because I was a safety now now I'm bigger then this guy so maybe he will add a few pounds like 40 by the time he sees the field.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We offered him a long time ago, so I don't think he is last of all the prospects we were looking at:

Published: Friday, Oct. 02, 2009

EASY REITER

Mustangs lineman has handled D-I attention well

By JOHN LEMBO - jlembo@bradenton.com 

LAKEWOOD RANCH — It began last January with a letter in the mailbox.

It was from the University of South Florida.

“It’s like, ‘We are offering you a full scholarship,’†said Austin Reiter. “I was like, ‘Wow. All right. Cool.’â€

They kept coming. Letters. Offers.

Phone calls from collegiate coaches.

It all revolved around Reiter, a senior offensive lineman at Lakewood Ranch who will toe the line tonight when the Mustangs (2-2) host Manatee (3-0) before opening district play next week.

It’s a lot of attention. The affable Reiter has handled it well.

“I don’t really think about it,†he said. “Before then, junior and sophomore year, I still had the same attitude. I still come out here and do the same thing.â€

The Reiter household isn’t foreign to Division I football — Austin’s dad, Richard, was a lineman at Cincinnati. The elder Reiter spends a lot of time working in Atlanta but helps coach the Mustangs whenever he’s in town.

“Mom kind of gets in made,†Austin said, “because he comes home and he comes right here.â€

That said, Austin said Rich doesn’t involve himself too much in the recruiting process, choosing to lend a hand only when his son asks for it.

“If I ask him for advice, he gives me advice,†Austin said. “But he doesn’t really want to have a whole lot of say in it, because his dad put a whole lot of say into his. So he’s just like, ‘Let him do his thing.’â€

It’s worked out well so far — aside from USF, Reiter has received offers from Wake Forest, Florida International, Florida Atlantic and UCF, with Miami showing heavy interest.

“He’s just very athletic for a big kid,†Mustangs coach Shawn Trent said. “He’s probably the best big athlete I’ve ever seen, just his running ability and athleticism.â€

Reiter plays on both sides of the ball at Lakewood Ranch, splitting time at tackle and nose guard. College coaches said they plan on moving him to center, while Miami talked to Reiter about manning the defensive line.

The position switch doesn’t phase Reiter, however, who knows how to play any spot on Lakewood Ranch’s line, and played fullback and linebacker in seventh and eighth grade.

“I like it all,†Reiter said. “It doesn’t bother me.â€

Having moved to Manatee County from Atlanta during his freshman year, Reiter would prefer to play collegiate ball in Florida. He plans on making his decision no later than a month after the conclusion of the regular season, which is good thing — Reiter, who is leaning toward engineering, is graduating in December and enrolling in college by January.

“Who doesn’t like Florida?†Austin said, adding the quality of college football in the Sunshine State is attractive, as well.

For now, however, Reiter is focused on helping the Mustangs in 2009, all the while dealing with a plethora of collegiate attention that has come his way.

“It’s been interesting,†he said. “I haven’t been on any official visits yet, but I’m sure those will be fun, too.â€

http://www.bradenton.com/lwr_high/story/1748164.html

There is a free scout article on his verbal

http://depaul.scout.com/2/928780.html

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg Auman writes:

Bill, his coach said he thought he could easily put another 40 pounds on his frame. If he redshirts, he'll have 20 months on campus before he plays a game.

Posted by: G.A. | December 13, 2009 at 09:44 PM

Here is his article:

December 13, 2009

Lakewood Ranch tackle Reiter commits to Bulls

USF has picked up its second commitment on the offensive line in as many days, as Austin Reiter, a 6-foot-4, 255-pound tackle from Bradenton Lakewood Ranch, said he committed to the Bulls during an official campus visit this weekend.

Reiter, who played right tackle and "three technique" defensive tackle at Lakewood Ranch, chose the Bulls over offers from Central Florida, Florida International and Middle Tennessee State and was being recruited by Miami and West Virginia, according to Lakewood Ranch assistant Mick Koczersut.

"He's got incredibly great hips -- even when he does things poorly, his hips are good enough to make up for it," said Koczersut, who has coached Reiter for four years. "He's a very gifted athlete for his size, and he's a very strong kid as well."

Reiter, who was recruited to USF by assistant Carl Franks, will be part of the Bulls' program very soon -- he's in position academically to graduate early and enroll at USF for the spring semester, giving him a six-month head start on his college career. He and Venice defensive end Brandon Wilkinson, another commitment, are expected to be the first early-enrollment signees USF has had. Two junior college transfers, defensive end Claude Davis and linebacker Curtis Weatherspoon, are also expected to join the Bulls in January.

Reiter is the second commitment on the offensive line this weekend, following Quinterrius Eatmon of Prichard, Ala., who accepted a scholarship offer to play for the Bulls on Saturday.

December 13, 2009 in Football

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/lakewood-ranch-tackle-reiter-commits-to-bulls.html

Archived