• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A lot of UCF players in the NFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

First I just want to say, I dont get into the USF/UCF drama.  Im not from the state of Florida, i dont care about the competition...in my opinion both football teams are mediocre at best.  Thats being said...

I see a trend of a lot of successful nfl players coming out of UCF.

I see Dante Culpepper, Assante Samuel, Kevin Smith, Atari Bigby, Brandon Marshall and Mike Sims-Walker.  I know theres more but these are all solid players.  How dont i recall Brandon Marshall and Sims-Walker playing there?  did they play together? with Kevin Smith?  Like I said I dont really pay attention USF opponents for a game or 2 OOC and then conference play.  Explains why I think we are mediocre, if that.

just proves no matter how good and athletic players are in the state of florida there needs to be a system and coaching.  Seems like UCF's coaches (O'Leary and whoever before) and Leavitt have Ferraris, just dont know how to drive them. 

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

First I just want to say, I dont get into the USF/UCF drama.  Im not from the state of Florida, i dont care about the competition...in my opinion both football teams are mediocre at best.  Thats being said...

I see a trend of a lot of successful nfl players coming out of UCF.

I see Dante Culpepper, Assante Samuel, Kevin Smith, Atari Bigby, Brandon Marshall and Mike Sims-Walker.  I know theres more but these are all solid players.  How dont i recall Brandon Marshall and Sims-Walker playing there?  did they play together? with Kevin Smith?  Like I said I dont really pay attention USF opponents for a game or 2 OOC and then conference play.  Explains why I think we are mediocre, if that.

just proves no matter how good and athletic players are in the state of florida there needs to be a system and coaching.  Seems like UCF's coaches (O'Leary and whoever before) and Leavitt have Ferraris, just dont know how to drive them. 

In 2005 Marshall, Sims-Walker and Kevin Smith did all play together.  Sims-Walker got hurt and Smith was a Freshmen.  Marshall had his breakout year that year as a Sr.  Others..Josh Sitton starts at OL for GB as Atari Bigby's there, too.  Joe Burnett may start at DB for Pitt on Thursday.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I believe there is a UCF kicker floating around somewhere as well (Matt something, name fails me at the moment). I want to say he is the Denver kicker.

(Granted, USF has both the Grammatica's playing in the Pros).

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Matt Prater kicks for the UCF Broncos ;D There was one game where he and B. Marshall accounted for all their points in their win which was fun to watch. I enjoy following all the former Knights in the NFL, makes watching all the games a bit more entertaining along w/ following my fantasy football players.

Also Darcy Johnson(TE) has been getting some playing time with the New York Giants. Mike Walker was actually the bigger star WR on the team over Brandon Marshall from what I remember but Brandon had a great last few games of his college career and the Senior bowl he played in. Walker tore his ACL late in his Senior year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Congrats to Brandon Marshall for setting a new NFL record for receptions in 1 game with 21 (old record - TO with 20)

Marshall ... TO ... OchoCinco ... K Johnson ... Why does that position have more than its' share of Looney Tunes?

Archived