• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are the bowl options for USF at this point?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I know it depends on Saturday's games, but if USF loses to UCONN doesn't that mean they will end up in St. Pete.  I am kinda looking forward to UCF playing Rutgers at this point, but playing USF would be exciting too.

Would USF accept the International Bowl?  I can't imagine that being an easy game for many USF fans to get to.  Most probably don't even have a passport.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It won't matter what USF "will accept".  The Big East bottom 3 bowls (Papa John's, St. pete and International) work with the Big East to select teams.  There is no strict hierarchy. 

Believe it or not, northern teams want to come to Florida and the st. pete bowl is preferable to international.  BE is done with international after this year, so making us travel there with 300 fans in order to reward UConn and RU (both of whom would have beaten us) with either a better location or better bowl (PJC) is possible. 

Everything points to either Papa John's or International (I am denial about this last option).

If RU ends up in the Meineke (Pitt loss and RU win over WVU) then Pitt may slide down to the bottom 3 bowls and then who knows what might happen.

Archived