• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bearcats QB hurt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati quarterback Gino Guidugli broke a bone in his throwing hand when he slipped outside his home and might miss Saturday's game at Louisville (No. 8 ESPN/USA Today, No. 7 AP).

Guidugli, who holds most of the school's passing records, broke a small bone on the top of his right hand Saturday night.

"I slipped on the top step, tried to brace my fall and hurt my hand," Guidugli said.

He was at practice Tuesday, with his hand wrapped. Doctors told him not to throw this week, he said.

"They want to give the bone proper time to heal, so I'm trying to do as little as possible before Saturday," Guidugli said.

Coach Mark Dantonio said Guidugli wants to play Saturday but a decision won't come before then.

"It's not a break that's a season-ending break," Dantonio said. "If we play in a bowl game in two weeks or three weeks, he should be able to play for sure."

Cincinnati (6-4, 5-2 Conference USA) lost four of its first six games but became bowl eligible by beating South Florida 45-23 last Saturday. Guidugli is one touchdown pass from tying the Bearcats' single-season record of 25.

Louisville (8-1, 6-0) has won five of the past six games with Cincinnati.

Too bad this didn't happen last week.  Also, if Gino doesn't play, UL should run away with this game.  I think Gino could give them a run for their money.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Yeah, Giudugli vs LeFors would have been interesting. Too bad.

USF should have recruited Giudugli's sidewalk. It did more damage to him than our defense did last week.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

USF should have recruited Giudugli's sidewalk. It did more damage to him than our defense did last week.

That is a good one Gary! LMAO ;D

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Our bad luck, it couldn't have happened a week earlier!

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

All QB prospects considering going north to play, take note of this!  The sidewalks never freeze over here at sunny USF and both your and your receivers' hands stay nice and warm.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and see girls frolicking around in their thongs