• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cann's Brandon Eagles' Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Here is Zaronn Cann's schedule for this season... so we can track the progress of our future power forward.

Brandon Boys Basketball Schedule  

Head Coach Mark Herman  

Date  Opponent Site Result

Nov. 29 ARMWOOD Brandon  

Dec. 2 WHARTON Wharton  

Dec. 6 MIDDLETON* Middleton  

Dec. 9 KING*  Brandon  

Dec. 17 - 22 GREAT FLORIDA SHOOTOUT Kissimee  

Dec. 27- 31 HOOTERS SHOOTOUT Eckard  

Jan. 4 JEFFERSON Brandon  

Jan. 7 HILLSBOROUGH* Hillsborough  

Jan. 11 EAST BAY* Brandon  

Jan. 14 PLANT* Brandon  

Jan. 18 MIDDLETON* Brandon  

Jan. 21 KING* King  

Jan. 25 HILLSBOROUGH* Brandon  

Jan. 28 EAST BAY* East Bay  

Feb. 1 PLANT* Plant  

Feb. 4 DURANT Brandon  

Feb. 7 BLAKE Brandon  

Feb. 9 GAITHER Gaither  

Feb. 11 BLOOMINGDALE Bloomingdale  

* Denotes District Game

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HowieP1

Brandon destroyed Middleton 81-35 last night, but Zaronn only scored points. Anybody know what the story is on him at the moment?

BRANDON 81, MIDDLETON 35

BRANDON (81) - Thompson 15, Brown 4, Innis 8, W. Williams 16, A. Brown 14, Cann 3, Walker 15, K. Williams 6. Totals 31 15-24 81.

MIDDLETON (35) - McClinton 5, Pope 2, Anfield 5, Piggott 15, Jackson 3, Moore 2, Parker 2, Ravenel 1. Totals 11 10-16 35.

Brandon 21 29 19 12-81

Middleton 7 17 6 5-35

3-point goals-Innis 2, A. Brown, Cann (B); Piggott 2, McClinton (M). Total fouls-B 17; M 17. Records-M 0-3.

Guest HowieP1

The reason I asked is because he scored 16 points in his last game, but there was mention that he was "walking tenderly" at the time:

Eagles stretch county streak

Brandon beats a county opponent for the 43rd

consecutive time, topping Wharton 62-44 with four players scoring in double figures.

By THOMAS SIMONETTI

Published December 3, 2004

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Brandon won its 43rd consecutive game against Hillsborough county opponents Thursday, beating Wharton 62-44 and showing early how dominant a team the Eagles could be this season.

In a game between teams many consider the best in the county, Brandon dominated, with four players scoring in double figures.

"That's two of the best in the county going at it," Eagle coach Mark Hermann said. "I'm pleased with the way my team played."

Brandon (2-0) led most of the game. Wharton (1-1) cut its deficit to five points early in the fourth quarter but the Eagles pulled away in the closing minutes.

Forward zaronn Cann, still getting over a serious left knee injury he sustained in January, led Brandon with 16 points. The senior came out of the game on occasion while walking tenderly and fouled out early in the fourth quarter.

"These kids got used to (playing minus Cann) last year," Hermann said. "Bottom line is we played really good defense."

Korrie Ennis scored 15 points for the Eagles and Kyle Williams and Mario Walker each added 10.

Nate Erickson paced the Eagles in scoring with 14.

"They've got my vote," said Wharton coach Tommy Tonelli of whether the Eagles are the best team in the county. "They did a great job. They played as good a defense as I've seen. They play hard and together and they play determined."

[Last modified December 3, 2004, 00:18:05]

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/12/03/Sports/Eagles_stretch_county.shtml

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully after realizing the team didn't need him to win Hills County games right now the coach came to his senses after seeing Cann walking gingerly and has decided to bring him along slowly.

With that extra weight and this early into the season and after that surgery there is absolutely no way the kid is 100%.  So why force him to push it.  Give him 5-10 minutes a game to get into playing shape, and get comfortable with the knee and flow of the game.

I was cringing when I heard he was returning so early.  It would be bad enough if he only tore his ACL, but tearing all three knee ligaments is scary.  I wouldn't care if Cann didn't see the court again until sometime in February or even until he suits up for the Bulls.  Having him 100% versus some kid that walks around favoring a knee, and playing gingerly isn't worth the trouble.

Guest HowieP1

Looks like Zaronn is OK as he had 14 against King ysterday:

BRANDON 77, KING 47

KING (47) - Bryant 2, Fox 13, Hill 2, Moore 3, Sherman 6, Tillman 8, Walden 9, Waters 3.

BRANDON (77) - Thomason 8, M. Brown 2, A. Brown 14, Ennis 11, Bunts 2, Cann 14, Walker 8, W. Williams 10, K. Williams 3.

3-point goals-Ennis 3, A. Brown 3, K. Williams (B); Fox 2, Moore (K).

Total fouls-K 19; B 19.

Records-K 1-3, B 4-0.

Guest BasketBull.

Cann's numbers:

Game #1

Brandon 67 Butler 49     ----Zaronn Cann 15 points.

Game #2

Brandon 77 Osceola 64 ---Zaronn Cann 15 points.

Guest BasketBull.

The 2004 Boys Lineup

Brandon High School, Brandon, Florida (25-4) Brandon entered the season as back-to-back Hillsborough County and District Champions. Coached by Mark Hermann, the Eagles consist of solid Division I talent led by 6’6†Sr. sensation Zaronn Conn (18ppg, 9reb, 2asts). Conn is noted as a Top 25 D-I prospect along with a supporting cast of 6’2†Sr. Aubrey Brown (13ppg, 3reb, 2asts), and 6’0†Jr. Korri Ennis (8ppg, 4asts).

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

"Top 25 D-I prospect "

I love hearing that!