• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Game Thread: USF at #20 Pittsburgh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

I am a lurker here, but this game has gotten to me.  I have always been one to give CJL some slack, but even I am starting to come to the conclusion that poor coaching is costing this team.  I have followed our football program since 97 when I was an undergrad @ USF. I remember how far we have come, but at the same time, the program has been stagnant ever since we entered the BE.  I think most bandwagon fans (the ones who suddenly showed interest when we rose to #2) are out of touch with reality because they expect this team to win every week.  Unlike them, I have never given up on my Bulls no matter how badly we lost (boy have I been to some UGLY games), but for the first time, I am finally fed up.  I turned off the TV and decided I am not going to invest more emotion into this team until they give me a ROI.

Starting this week, I am going to get myself ready for basketball season and my Orlando Magic games.  

Yeah I'm more of a lurker on here too and also agree that this team is too much to be emotionally attached to. I'm realistic and expect that we will lose some games but a whooping like this is unacceptable. I support my alma mater to the fullest. I wear my USF gear in my hometown of Orlando and I live not even 10 minutes from the UCF campus. As far as CJL goes, I admire him for what he has done with the program. He's made something out of nothing and deserves all the credit in the world. BUT, the coaching has hit a plateau and it seems there's nothing more he can do to take this team to the next level. We have stars and playmakers on the team but it does us no good if we can't manage the game efficiently. We've made ourselves known and we can and have taken down big teams. I'm tired of people seeing our team as a loose canon and I want consistency. Taking down a couple of ranked teams every season isn't good enough for me anymore. No longer do I want feel like a king for a day, but rather for the the whole season. I realize the guys on this team are in their late teens/early twenties. It's tough to be taking on that kind of pressure and in now way am I putting it all on them. I think the coaching is our down fall and the players deserve better. But they, coaches and players, represent the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA: The School, Fans, Students, Alumni. In order for us to be recognized as a legitimate football powerhouse our coaching needs to be stepped up. Sorry to all the die hard CJL supporters. I'm not saying that he's a bad coach but I think it's time for us to move on.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

We did not represent our selves very well.  We walked out with our heads down and played that way. 

Archived