• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Back from Tally

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Sorry, I could have posted a little in 15 different threads, but here is my "thoughts on the game" thread...

1. BJ had a great first game. It was a tough test, and he passed. He looked great on the deep ball, but his intermediate passing was horrible. He's been making all of the throws in other games, so I am chalking that one up to nerves/fatigue. He made some good decisions and some bad decisions, but all in all, after sitting out for a year, great game. I bet he is having a hard time getting out of bed today. I have to say, I am kind of glad he wasn't perfect. He, Chico, Blackwell, and Grothe have a lot of film work to do this week.

2. Wow can BJ run. That is the fastest team we will play this year. He's going to be a beast...fingers crossed that he stays healthy.

3. If our defense plays with 90% of that intensity for the rest of the season, Cincy is the only team I will be worried about. Three plays stood out to me. Obviously the Lejiste hit (and Allen on their first series), there was a bubble screen -turned - pump-and-go late in the game, and we were all over it. And how about JPP running down Manuel. That was a monumental play, I don't think anyone else was going to keep him from getting the first.

4. Not down at all on Schwartz. His misses were close, thought CJL should have called a run to the middle of the field to end the half to make it a little easier on him, but for his second game, he didn't seem rattled, just needs some more work.

5. Great game for Delbert. The tackle he had didn't really save us anything, but for some reason, I think it helped to keep them from completely stealing the momentum.

6. Why would Lamar be put in when we are backed up to the goal line? I would have liked to see him get the ball a little more, but not there.

7. Need more production out of RBs, BJ was making the correct reads, so I can't say how we accomplish this, but we can't put the game on the freshman's shoulders the way we put the last 3 years on Matt.

8. Defensive line - wow again. I like that they can rotate guys in and out to keep everyone fresh. JPP was everywhere, Selvie played a solid game, and the middle was also very strong. 5 sacks and 19 yards rushing tells the story.

9. Was very proud of the OL. As nervous as I was about how they would play, they were a pleasant surprise, just need to keep everyone healthy.

What a great experience. Bulls fans everywhere, gracious FSU fans, great weekend all around. We have a lot of work to do, but I am feeling good about this team. I started worrying about the SU game about 20 minutes after the final knee, but I think our coaches are going to have us ready.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

OK, I am sure I am going to spell his name wrong, but Phil McGeoghan has done a tremendous job with the WRs so far this season.

Not so much in this game (because BJ was struggling a bit with fatigue/nerves), but the receivers appear to be getting more separation, making plays when they catch, and just generally better than ever before. Since we have the same players, I have to assume that something has changed for them. I have been very impressed with this unit so far this season, and would venture to say that they may be the best WR unit in Florida, and potentially the BE (though Williams (SU), and Gilyard probably keep their respective teams ahead).

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think BJ did good, but is gonna have to hand off the ball a lil more on those QB option runs. Then he won't have such a problem with cramping.

And complete more passes but this will all come with time.

Archived