• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My History Perspective on USF and FSU for this Weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Thought I would break up all of the disrespecting media reports on our Bulls with a little personal perspective of the weekends game:

In 1956 (the year USF was founded), my father played against FSU in the first game of the season at Doak Campbell. He was a senior defensive lineman for the Ohio University Bobcats. They were good the previous two years but got beat up by FSU 47-7 that first game of the year. He remembered losing to them but his greatest (or not so greatest) memories were how they traveled to places like Tallahassee from Ohio on DC-9 transport planes left over from WWII. Loud and small which meant the traveling squad was barebones with minimal equipment. He also theorized that he probably tackled Burt Reynolds a couple times in that game. It made for a good story but I later determined Burt's last playing year before a knee injury was 1955. That knee injury launched his acting career as he went from football to theater.

My father passed away last year but he witnessed USF (with me @ 1997 1st game) go from inception to #2 in the nation in only the 11th year of play. Well, it is now time to take that next step and maintain greatness. I now get to take my 6yr old Son to see the Bulls play FSU where his grandfather once played those same Noles 53 years ago. I am pumped.

TBGG Tally-Bound Goin' Green

Play Hard

Play Fast

Nothing To Lose

Feels Like Auburn

Shock The World

And Always.........Go Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

Cool story Im sure your son will love it I love all the young people wearing bulls stuff the future is bright

Archived