• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU pass defense ranked 117th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Of the 3 teams FSU has played against, ours is much closer to Miami. Before Grothe was hurt here was the line, from Greg's Blog:

FSU SMALL FAVORITE: How far has USF's program come — or how far has FSU's fallen? Here's one indication: when the Bulls visit the Seminoles on Sept. 26, FSU is expected to be about a 31/2- to 4-point favorite, said Ben Epstein, of VegasVigorish.com.

Epstein said if FSU loses at BYU Saturday by 10 points or more, FSU would be only a 11/2- to 2-point favorite against USF. If FSU upsets BYU, the Seminoles would be favored by 51/2 to 6 points against the Bulls.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

I don't really trust the defensive rankings just yet. FSU's secondary has a couple new faces this year, and they're gradually gettin better and better. Greg Reid is the next Deion Sanders, yeah, I said it.

Plus, do you not think that FSU is gonna bust their secondary's asses this week to get ready? Plus, I was more impressed with BJ running, than I was with his passing.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This game will be exciting regardless.   Fl speed vs Fl speed.   If USF can mentally rally, our Bulls have just as good a shot in this game as ANY other we've seen.   This one will come down to the mental status of our Bulls.   No reason our D can't shut them down.  Our O should be able to pick apart their soft secondary, if the running game clicks first...   Again,  more about the mental status of our team and can they "bounce back".

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

this thread is killing me! are you on crack!?

from a fanbase that constantly complains about playing down to competition, these statements mocking FSU's pass defense are quite scary. maybe phil our WR coach should give our WR's the week off then?

I don't think anyone is mocking them.  I am merely trying to point out that all three of their opponents this year have had success throwing the ball against them. 

Specifically, they gave up big passing plays to 7 different Miami receivers of 40 (twice), 31, 27, 24, 20, & 18 yards.  Against BYU they gave up passing plays to 8 different receivers of 80, 41, 31, 29, 20 (twice) and 17 (twice). 

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

let's just say we have the receivers, and bj has the arm to pck apart their defense.  if (big if) bj can stay calm and our o-line does their jobs, we have a chance.  also, our defense needs to get fired up and step up.  i think the entire team will be fired up and want to win this for matt.  all we can do believe and root them on.  GO BULLS!!!!!

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Don't forget that powerhouse Jax St that had over 200 yards passing on FSU, one of the top 1aa teams in the country. LOL.

The "powerhouse jax state" has former LSU QB Ryan Perriloux...who by the way has more "big time college football" experience than BJ Daniels.

We have some ridiculously cocky fans right now for a team that just lost our 4-year starter at QB. I am in a holding pattern. Until I see BJ take some meaningful snaps, maybe play from behind in a game, and lead some big time drives, I gotta think that it's going to be a long year.

Fine, they had a great QB.  But I'd bet our receivers are bigger, and faster. The receiver with the most yardage in that game was 5'10".  They have one WR near the size of ours at 6'3" that caught a ball in that game.

Archived