• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Blog: Big East still shopping for No. 3 bowl slot

Joe is right... the Alamo made a major pitch to the Pac 10 and will be moving up the pecking order from #3 Pac 10 to #2.

The Insight loves the Big 10/Big 12 game...

Music City, while open right now, will probably keep the ACC/SEC match up... which could suck for the Big East, as the Car Care Bowl could move from ACC#6 down to ACC #7.

I would not mind the EagleBank Congressional Bowl (DC) taking the place of the Toronto game... even if the opponent is an at-large team (Army/Navy/other).

There is still a lot of jockeying going on as bowl committees debate how much more $$ they can raise to improve their standing.  Heck, even the Champs bowl increased it's payout.  For bowls, it's all about the TV ratings and ticket sales... if they can get a better matchup, they can ask for more $$ from sponsors because more people will watch and more people will attend the game.

For conferences, it's really all about the $$... although there is also some consideration for opponent and destination -- those usually go hand in hand with more $$.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I really doubt this new commish as any chance of getting anything done football wise. Sucks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I didn't like the idea of a basketball guy being brought in sun football is the moneymaker and basketball will be stable no matter who is there

Archived