• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kenneth Luberice? Starting TE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I read on Brett's blog today that Leavitt said Kenneth Luberice would be the starting TE but he has a hamstring issue right now.

I've never heard of this guy.  Anyone got some info on him?

He is a senior and I can't remember seeing the name before.

• Content Count:  1,797

Luberice was the 'up' man on the punt team last year.  I believe he was on the kick coverage team too.

Just remember this one fact, especially this early into fall camp:

CJL, BA in PSYCHOLOGY, University of Missouri

'Nuff said.   ;)

Who's this Brett guy that has a blog that you are talking about?  >:D

Normal

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Leavitt has mentioned his name previously and described him as "very tough."

Greg also mentioned him in his blog:

-- One position in particular disarray looks to be tight end, where USF has six players but no clear starter, Leavitt said. Walk-on Kenneth Luberice was working as a starter -- ahead of senior Ben Busbee -- but Luberice has been slowed by a groin injury.

"Nobody's taken it over," Leavitt said. "We don't really have a starting tight end right now. We've got six tight ends but no starter yet. They're all good guys, all want to play, but nobody's made it clear they're the guy."

Leavitt said true freshman Isaac Virgin "has kind of slowed down" since a strong start. Redshirt freshman tight end Jeff Hawkins said he's been slowed by a hamstring injury but hopes to be back in time for Saturday's scrimmage.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/08/practice-notes-wr-griffin-showing-promise.html#more

• Content Count:  2,307

Luberice was the guy that called me to thank me about being a season ticket holder and donor.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Luberice may be one of the smartest guys on the team. Moved from defense to tight end mid-spring. He's a special-teams guy, but USF has had walk-ons and former walk-ons step up at tight end before -- remember Will Bleakley and Devin Gordon and what they were able to do as seniors. I would not be surprised if he is given one of the newly available scholarships for his senior year ...

Here's a graf from when he switched to TE in spring ...

"I just want to hit somebody," said Luberice, 6 feet and 225 pounds. Luberice will graduate this fall with a degree in biomedical sciences, with minors in public health and biomedical physics. He's headed to medical school next spring ...

Archived