• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

at least pete

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

never bet against reds

what a knucklehead

during my usf days i saw big red machine all over town in spring training.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think Pete played harder/better when he bet on reds as opposed to when he did not bet at all??

the proposition is scary

but i stopped recreational betting along time ago because i think players have  plenty of games rigged

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

screw pete, great player, but a stain on the ethics of the game.  I hope he doesn't get reinstated.  Admitting lying because you are forced to admit it doesn't make me think he is being honest about anything.  He says in his book that he did bet on all types of games, including reds games, but he didn't use any insider info to vary the amounts of bets.  YEAH, RIGHT, i bet he would be playing the #1 team in the division with injuries on his team, and he would bet the same as if he were playing last years tigers team.

I take back teh part where i said he did admit betting on the Reds, but i think its still almost a sure thing that he did.  He is an addict and if you have insider info, why not bet it.  He even admits, he did bet because he thought he could get away with it, so why wouldn't he think he could get away with betting on the Reds?  

I think he did and he is lying about it now, to our faces, and trying to profit off all his lying by writing a book.

he is clearly a big fat liar but he did all of this after he played

he deserves to be in hall but should never be allowed to manage or hold a front office postion

the hall of fame is about accomplishments, but it is also about honor, and his actions have scarred baseball.  He'll never manage, that is for sure, i hope he doesn't get reinstated period.

VG,i don't think honor has anything to do with criteria for admittance into hall

there are some seedy characters in the hall

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I agree Velcro. This guy should not be allowed in the HOF. I will never forget where I was when the ball rolled through Bill Buckners legs and it hurt like hell. I can tell you that not once in my life did I ever think even for a second that he let that ball go through his legs on purpose. I dont think Grady Little left Pedro in the game so that he would win his bet on Yanks to take series. Baseball is the best sport on planet and a huge reason is because of its integrity. When I see a boxing match and one guy is supposed to kill the other guy and then the other guy wins by knockout my first thought is the fight is fixed. Pete was a great hitter but does not deserve to be reinstated to baseball ever just like shoeless Joe cuz of these above reasons.  Pete did admit in book according to media releases that he did bet on Reds over 50 times but always to win and never made the call from the clubhouse. He also stated that he started gambling REGULARLY in 1987 on baseball which is the year after he retired as a player. If he admits to betting regularly does this mean he betted sometimes on baseball while he was a player. Of course he did just like the Dowd report showed and is why Pete took the lifetime ban rather then let the details from the report surface.

i had to put on god bless america as i read your post KR

rose gambled he didn't hurt anyone or steal from anyone

why should he be honored fo past accomplishments?

do you think he is the only one to have gambled?

don't kid yourself i thought  from day one bruckner was on the take.i don't beleive for a second a major leaguer let a ball like that go by.THE IRISH MOB MUST HAVE GOT TO BRUCKNER