• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Marrone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I apologize if this has been discussed at length before and I missed it. :)

I think Doug Marrone's effort to turn the Syracuse football program around is the most interesting story in the entire Big East conference. And at this very early stage, it seems like he's on the right track. His coaches just got a commitment from a <a href="http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=183&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d183%26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010>Colorado quarterback recruit</a> who ESPN's analyst has some pretty high praise for:

<blockquote><i>ESPN's Tom Luginbill added, "This is a very interesting pick up and a possible steal for the Orange. Miller is a kid we feel has a real chance to be an excellent prospect at the next level and if he were taller would likely have received much more national attention than he has gotten. He is a fundamentally sound prospect in terms of footwork, ball handling and delivery mechanics and he can make all the necessary throws. He is a player we feel could come in and have a chance to contribute early for Syracuse."

Miller spoke with the Post-Standard about the decision, "I just realized when I was out there, it just felt like the place for me. I've been on other campuses (and) it just didn't really work out. When I was at Syracuse, it felt right." </blockquote></i>

While it's fun to have a team that everyone (well, besides Louisville!) calls a whipping boy, I think it's obvious that an improved Syracuse team is best for everyone. Greg Robinson really seems to have left that program in shambles, so if he can have the Orange talking about bowl eligibility by his second season, I'd be impressed. And I hope he can do it, I'm pulling for him. He seems like a good guy.

Archived