• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

T.J. Mutcherson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He really wants to play for USF and I would hate it if he ends up at Rutgers.  >:(

http://michigan.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=99789

UNC takes a liking to Patriot

Freedom senior T.J. Mutcherson first heard of North Carolina's football camp from assistant Troy Douglas, then from a childhood friend, former Armwood star Mywan Jackson.

Douglas has continued to recruit Mutcherson since leaving USF to coach defensive backs at UNC. And Jackson, who has remained close with Mutcherson since they began playing baseball as children, is already going through his first summer of conditioning in Chapel Hill, N.C.

At the camp, Mutcherson impressed coaches through individual skills training and seven-on-seven drills.

Then came a call Monday night with his first official scholarship offer. He expects to receive the paperwork from North Carolina any day, which was awaiting the signature of Tar Heels coach Butch Davis.

"They said I was quick," Mutcherson said. "(Monday), I finally got the call."

Mutcherson, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound defensive back, had 49 tackles and two interceptions for Freedom last season.

Despite North Carolina's offer, Mutcherson still has hopes to attend USF and has the Bulls listed as No. 1 on his wish list followed by UNC, Michigan, FIU, Rutgers, Florida and Florida State.

"I'm a Tampa boy," Mutcherson said. "I want to kind of stay here and go to USF. They're No. 1."

Mutcherson has plans to attend a Florida State camp at the end of the month, then USF's Sling and Shoot in July.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/preps/article1012863.ece

Archived