• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Paulus is returning home to Syracuse to play football.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Updated: May 14, 2009, 11:00 AM ET

Paulus to play football for OrangeComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Greg Paulus is returning home to Syracuse to play football.

Paulus

The former Duke point guard said Thursday he's enrolling in graduate school at Syracuse and will try to make a comeback in football for the Orange as a quarterback.

The announcement ends a month of speculation whether the one-time star high school quarterback from Syracuse would resume his football career.

"I grew up there. There are great opportunities there," Paulus said. "My gut and my heart tell me the opportunity to play football at Syracuse and have the great opportunity academically, my gut and my heart were telling me that was the best place for me."

Paulus worked out for the Green Bay Packers in April, acknowledged meeting with Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez about playing for the Wolverines, and also visited Nebraska.

The three-year starting guard graduated from Duke earlier this month. He has one season of eligibility remaining and can play immediately if he receives a waiver from the NCAA.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Archived