• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Around the Horns?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I am thinking of participating in this years event.  Does anyone have an opinion on this event.  I have never done it before, but it sounds like a good time.  Would appreciate positive or negative feedback.  Thanks!

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

i assume youre talking about the yearly golf tournament...if you are, i highly recommend it.  ive played in the polk county leg of it the last 2 seasons, and its been a blast both times, well organized, GREAT prizes.  the dinner at the end of the event has always been top notch, and its always fun to hear some of the coaching staff speak.  puc86 and i look forward to defending our team title the last 2 years.

• Content Count:  869

I have done the Polk event every year.  It is definitely the best way to see the coaches.  I have had items signed by CJL and taken photos with all kinds of folks.  I can't speak to the other events but I have a great time at the Polk event. 

• Content Count:  742

Same for the Tampa one. Great time.

Plus I won it.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I've done it twice, but volunteering this year...  It's always awesome.  They are creating 5-somes this year, four golfers with a USF coach. Each team competes for great prizes. AND If you can't golf, you can still go to the dinner to see the coaches.

• Content Count:  19,229

I played in the tampa event last year and it was a blast.  Tampa Palms is an excellent course, and the event was incredibly well run.  It also helped that the BullBacker Hackers took home low net :)

• Content Count:  1,158

Thanks for all the great comments on the Verizon Around the Horns events.  Glad those of you that have participated in the past find them very enjoyable.  Our staff and volunteer committees are working hard on this years events.  I think one of the reasons our fans enjoy these events is the input from our volunteer committees, which are some of the folks on this board and others.

The big change for this year is the fivesomes.  Each foursome will have a USF personality.  This could be a head coach, assistant coach, or a former student athlete.  We hope to post some names of those participating in the near future.

Plus, everyone goes home with great USF gear.  Hope you all can make it out to one of the four events this year.

Go Bulls!

Eric

• Content Count:  742

I played in the tampa event last year and it was a blast.  Tampa Palms is an excellent course, and the event was incredibly well run.  It also helped that the BullBacker Hackers took home low net :)

Low gross here, gross is what counts. :)

• Content Count:  19,229

Low gross here, gross is what counts. :)

I've got a new Taylor Made USF golf bag that says Low Net counts too  :)

• Content Count:  4,879

The USF-gear prizes are sweet!

Archived