• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops Tidbits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Due to a lack of info I actually surfed the Rivals network and here is what I found:

The Arizona web site indicated that they thought that Famous' visit went well, but they are worried about late pushes from Missouri and South Florida.  Famous plans to announce his future at a presser on Wednesday at his community college.  It sounds like we still have a shot at this one.

The Arkansas web site did not have much, but on their premium board there is a thread about Glenn Bryant being stranded at the airport.  I am assuming all the nasty weather they had in those parts of the country affected his flight out of Hawg country.

Neither Famous nor Bryant committed this weekend apparently.

An interesting side note.....the Arizona site mentioned that a team mate of Burwell's at South Kent was released from his scholarship at Xavier with Miller leaving as coach there.  Supposedly Miller is now recruiting him to Arizona, but the article stated that there was some concern about how far away Arizona is from his home in New York.  I am not sure we really want to recruit another 6' 6" guy, but one never knows.

Normal

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Hourly Update

Arizona Wildcats Basketball: UA loses second recruit

By Bruce Pascoe

Arizona Daily Star

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 04.20.2009

advertisementArizona basketball recruiting target Jarrid Famous committed to South Florida today, just a day after visiting Tucson, according to Rivals.com.

It was the second straight day the Wildcats lost a potential recruit, after

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

WOW!!!!  This really offsets the loss of Clanton to UCiF in the short term and helps next season.  Big, big news.  By the way Rivals has confirmed this commitment.  This is the tonic we needed for next season.  The Rivals site indicated that Famous scrimmaged with current 'Zona players and looked as though he could have stepped in and played right away.

I am ecstatic.  I did not think we had a shot at Famous.  CSH really closed the deal.

Normal

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Due to a lack of info I actually surfed the Rivals network and here is what I found:

The Arizona web site indicated that they thought that Famous' visit went well, but they are worried about late pushes from Missouri and South Florida.  Famous plans to announce his future at a presser on Wednesday at his community college.  It sounds like we still have a shot at this one.

The Arkansas web site did not have much, but on their premium board there is a thread about Glenn Bryant being stranded at the airport.  I am assuming all the nasty weather they had in those parts of the country affected his flight out of Hawg country.

Neither Famous nor Bryant committed this weekend apparently.

An interesting side note.....the Arizona site mentioned that a team mate of Burwell's at South Kent was released from his scholarship at Xavier with Miller leaving as coach there.  Supposedly Miller is now recruiting him to Arizona, but the article stated that there was some concern about how far away Arizona is from his home in New York.  I am not sure we really want to recruit another 6' 6" guy, but one never knows.

Normal

That 6-6 SF is Kevin Parrom and WE WOULD TAKE HIM if the possibility was there. If we don't get Bryant the Parrom would make up for the lost imo. We need talent and guys Parrom, Bryant, Famous, and Marcius are nice blocks to build with at South Florida.

Archived