• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another... Miami WR Derrick Hopkins commits!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

He's very fast but I want to offer the kid that almost tracked him down for our defense.

Who was the kid that came in 3rd?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He's very fast but I want to offer the kid that almost tracked him down for our defense.

Who was the kid that came in 3rd?

I think before the race started they named the runners . You might want to go back and listen to it again. I  remember one of the guys they mentioned running in a lane near derrick was a big name player from Sanford who was also a junior at the time.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I gotta give one negative to this speed argument...Can they Catch a ball?? Thats been a problem for us.

Also I want Scruggs

ESPN just did an evaluation of Derrrick where they mention that aspect:

Evaluation

This kid can flat out fly-- a real screamer. Hopkins is very similar to another sleeper out of Florida Korvic Neat. He is wildly explosive and super quick. Gets to top speed rapidly and is a serious field position changer in as a return man. He is a candidate to play corner or slotback and would be an ideal spread offense player because once he gets into space, he is extremely difficult to get a lean shot it. He possesses sudden change-of-direction and lateral agility. He is a slippery and gets lost behind the line of scrimmage as a running back, reads blocks well and then shoots through tiny creases. Once he gets to the second level he's a homerun threat. He shows good ball skills and hands as a wideout and can pluck with ease on the run. However, the problem with Hopkins is he is dramatically undersized-- 5'6 on a good day. His size can be an advantage, but he can also be a pinball and could not be a fulltime back in our opinion. Needs to be utilized as a sub-package back and slot receiver on screens, reverses and underneath routes. Lacks power and durability concerns could be an issue at the collegiate level. He is not going to be a much of a threat on vertical routes unless he just runs by people, because he will struggle in the red area and on jump ball contests. Hopkins' greatest asset is his return ability--he shines in this area and could contribute early.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=73468&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d73468%26season%3d2009

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know why it was said that he had bad hands, just cuz of his offers?  Its obvious he didn't have big offers only cuz of his size.  He caught 23 balls last year?  And he was not the go to guy.  Hell even Kayvon was ahead of him when he was in on offense.  23 catches for the 3rd option is pretty good.

Archived