• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-8 240lbs PF/C QUINCY HANKINS

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Credit Auman for this new name on the radar.

"His name is Quincy Hankins, and he's a 6-foot-8, 240-pound sophomore at Polk Community College in Winter Haven. Hankins is averaging 13.0 rebounds per game, putting him among the national juco leaders in that category, with right around 13 points a game as well.

Talked with Polk coach Matt Furjanic on the drive down to Miami today, and he confirmed that USF is one of the top schools pursuing Hankins, though his recruitment remains pretty open still. The top three schools in the mix, according to Furjanic, are USF, Seton Hall and St. John's. Hankins is from Long Island and either wants to stay in Florida for his next college stop, or return close to his New York roots.

"He's a warrior on the boards," says Furjanic, noting that USF has had coaches at multiple games and has been to see Hankins in practices as well. Hankins won't take any visits or make any decisions until after his season is up -- Polk will actually be in Tampa next week to play Hillsborough Community College."

More on Hankins: He also played QB in FB and led his HS team to a championship. He also is very well capable of putting up big point totals as well. He averaged 28pts and 15 rebs for the Roosevelt Roughriders(HS) as a senior. He is a good shooter, MONSTER REBOUNDER, and a good defender. Also he was just 16 years old as a senior at Roosevelt.

Quincy1.jpg

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

6'8, 240 as a 16 year old senior... i like this kid... and he fits a huge need.

• 1 month later...

Yep Bump

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

hopefully the bump means you know something?  ;)

hopefully the bump means you know something?  ;)

I wish...you know I wouldn't hold back any info on a recruit. :D

Actually I'm just bumping up all these guys because they'll be taking visits real soon. Some are still playing in the playoffs while others have finished the season. I suspect in a few more weeks we'll know just where these guys will be leaning.

Things can happen so fast in recruiting like it did with Jeremy Adams.

Archived