• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local Gators possibly transfering

KingBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Ryne Giddens could play anywhere. 

Leavitt does a pretty good job when talking to recruits 1 on 1.

If I were Leavitt I would tell recruits the following: "We have a transfer from UF on our team right now, his name is Trent Pupello. He didn't see the field at UF but he got a lot of playing time in his first year at USF. Why don't you go talk to him..."

Yeah. and towards the end of the season he didn't play much for us, either.  Perhaps he was injured.  Also, that just shows that UF is a better program right now.  some people would rather sit the bench for a few years knowing they have a better chance of winning a national championship and think they have a better chance at going pro. 

One reason we have such highly touted DEs interesting in us this year is George Selvie, despite the fact that he might stay.  Bedford came last year and said he wanted to play with George Selvie, and yet he didn't get much playing time yet because we had some other guys that are better right now, including Selvie.  Sometimes you just want to play with the best because they might make you better.

UF has always been a better program, and will probably always be a better program because they established their program over 100 years ago. USF has been in 1a for only 8 years!

Bedford wasn't cleared to play until a few weeks before kickoff, and nobody could learn the defense that quickly. If he had arrived sooner he would've gotten more playing time. I was still surprised that he got as many minutes as he did, though.

I think it's likely that Selvie will go pro. He's been projected as a first round pick by a few analysts. Giddens could see immediate playing time.

They haven't always been good and they won't always be good.  I am saying they have an advantage in recruiting right now.

The point about Bedford is he came and didn't get the playing time.  No matter the reason, he's not transferring to a FCS school to get more playing time is he?  No, he's going to try to get playing time here.  Playing time isn't always a top factor right away.

Giddens might decide that waiting a few years to play might be worth a better chance to win bigger games.  Hopefully not, because if he comes here he could be part of beating UF and getting USF closer to UF's level and at least a BCS bowl in the Big East.

Archived